Our Legacies' Footprint

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Frank Sanoica, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I like to feel, in retrospect, that for the most part I have always tried my best to leave a good "feel" in the minds of folks I've known over the years. Looking over the pics of my rock-faced house OP just now reminded me of a story worth telling regarding of all things, the electric cement mixer I used there. Having followed me from Vegas, in 1977 to Colorado, then Indiana in 1978, then Phoenix in 1979, Show Low (AZ) 1983, Laveen (AZ) 1984, MO 1999, and finally Camp Mohave, AZ in 2012, if only that faithful old machine could talk! Here it is awaiting another load of mortar to be mixed, building the rock privacy wall surrounding our patio area, 2013:

[​IMG]
    I was doing the pillars in front of the house back in Vegas, and a guy stopped, introduced himself, remarked about the work. He lived some few miles away, and planned to build a large brick planter. He would be mixing his mortar by hand.

Now, due to it's very nature, folks in Vegas seem not to trust one another, generally. This guy looked and sounded pretty "up-front", so I told him he was welcome to borrow my cement mixer. He seemed amazed! Some weeks later, my mixer idle again, I called him, he came by, took the mixer, telling me his location, and within a week or two, he called to tell me he was finished. Only his pickup was out of commission. I drove to his house, looked over his work admiringly, as he crawled from beneath the pickup. I refused his offer of some money for the mixer's use. From the very first introductions, I was duly impressed by this guy, and with a name like Edison, how could he be bad? Frank

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't understand your post? What is the Legacy?

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Chrissy Page

The legacy is the trail of memories left behind with the folks with whom we have temporarily interacted with, over our lifetimes.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Never mind. I know the definition of legacy.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Some people build monuments like Mt. Rushmore, some make Obamacare, some invent electricity, but the rest of us leave just as important a legacy behind. A footprint of our life with daily living. Just by being kind and helpful is a legacy too. I'll not forget my neighbors who gave me boxes we sorely needed when we moved to our new first floor apt. Just when we needed the help and boxes sooo badly she dropped by and asked if we needed boxes. I wanted to cry for the sheer joy of relief when she came by. Her son delivered the boxes and the rest of the move went smoother with the boxes she gave us! You see the legacy is being helpful and kind when someone just needed it, it's always remembered and I bet the neighbor like me said a prayer of God bless her as he would to you Frank! Life with helpful and kind people is always cherished and is a wonderful legacy to leave behind! God bless and protect all who are helpful and kind!!! :)

Ike Willis and Frank Sanoica like this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Chrissy Page

(snarl). ;)

Ike Willis likes this.