Our Daily Prayer

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Babs Hunt, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Janurary 1, 2019

It's a New Year Lord full of promise and hope. Surely challenges and trials will come as well and yet we believe that You will provide everything we need to face what each day brings. If a day should bring fear...You will bring us courage to face that fear. If a day brings sorrow You will provide comfort and peace and walk with us until we feel joy once again. If our health fails, You will bring us healing and strength. You will provide all we need each day and in every way Lord....for You are our loving Father and Provider.

Thank You for this new day and this New Year Father. May we remember each day of this New Year to talk to You in prayer for all that we need and in thanksgiving for all that You have blessed us with. And may we draw ever closer to You each and every day.

"For the Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever, and His faithfulness to all generations." Psalm 100:5

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you for the prayer, Babs! Good way to begin 2019.....and continue day by day!

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I agree, it is a beautiful prayer, and so perfect for a brand new year coming up. Thank you for sharing this with all of us, @Babs Hunt !
    It actually goes along really well with my thoughts and prayers for this year.

Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

When I used to drive to work each morning, the car became a prayer closet, of sorts. I began "Lord, I commit this new day to you, trusting that you will bring it to pass. I pray that you will place a guard on my tongue, that will not leave his post."..........

Since I retired, I have not been as successful in finding a daily discipline for jump starting my day. I still work at it, though. I sometimes joke that I only pray, when I am breathing. In other words, short exhalations of praise, Intercession, thanksgiving, etc......following, of course, short inhalations of His Word.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Babs Hunt and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

January 2, 2019

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? Isaiah 43:19

Good Morning Lord. One of the best things about each New Year is the word new! We wake up each morning to a new day and new ways to use the gifts and talents You have blessed us with. Help us this New Year Lord to open our hearts to the new things You want to teach us, to new ways You want us to serve You and others, and to new passions and purpose in our lives.

Fill us this day with new hope, new faith, new love, and as we go through this day Lord....let Your love and light shine through each of us to cast away some of the darkness that has filled the world we live in. As we walk through this second day of the New Year may we feel Your presence walking through it with us and leading us on the paths You would have us take today.

Thank You for this new day Lord and for providing everything we need for it.

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning, @Babs Hunt Here is a poem I wrote, about the new day. It is a prayer, really.

Keep The New Day

O Lord, keep the new day from being invisible to us.
    Open it wide – corner to corner, and let us come in.
    Help us see your finger-prints and feel your breath, as we live in it.
    Show us what you made today – let us stop and admire your handiwork.
    We stop by for fresh helpings of faith, to add to what we have.
    Show us where we are to step and what we are to carry this day.
    Keep us in your company, as we come and go – and as we stay – be with us.

Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

What a beautiful prayer poem Joe. :)

Joe Riley likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Jeremiah-29.jpg

January 3, 2019

Good morning Father,

What a privilege it is to come before You this morning and lift up the prayers needs of those here on this Forum. I love You Lord and thank You for this new day so full of promise for all of us.

I started a thread asking those here what is the one change (or need) they would like to see come to pass in this New Year You have blessed us with. Some have spoken those needs in posts while others are speaking those needs in their hearts. You are a loving Father who desires to answer our prayers and give us the desires of our hearts. I know this to be true because You have answered so many of my prayers and blessed me so many times with the desires of my heart and I praise You and give You thanks for all those times and the ones to still come forth.

May You answer the needs, desires, and prayers of all those on this Forum this New Year my Beloved Father....and may You do it in such a way that there is no doubt in any of their minds that these answers have come directly from You and Your love for each one of them.

Thank You for Your love Father....embrace us all in that Love today. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Betty Jones likes this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

January 4, 2019
    26386-cm-lord-strength-faith-fear-power-powerlessness-trusting-amen-social-550x320.png

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is a short, but powerful prayer that I just read (and prayed) today. It is to cast out any influence that Satan has in our lives , whether we know about it or we don’t (could be sicknesses even), and to ask Jesus to manifest HIS destiny in our lives.
    I prayed it out loud for myself, and then I spiritually “laid hands on” my children and prayed it over them, too.

“I disavow and repent of any cooperation with the plans of Satan, willing or unwilling; knowing or unknowing. I reject all of his schemes and plans and instead call into manifest destiny every plan the Lord Jesus has for my life. I am a child of God. The enemy must flee.”