Our Country And Our President Need Our Prayers Right Now!

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Babs Hunt, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

6c2dea73c816df7945bcbe247f10ae34.jpg :

God hears His children's prayers and He answers them. Nothing is impossible for our heavenly Father to do. We cannot change the things that are wrong in our Nation or with our Government...but if we ask God to bring about those changes....He can.

Lois Winters and Joseph Carl like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We are facing an election that may well be as important as the one where we elected Donald Trump as our president, with the hopes that we can “Make America Great Again !”
    For the last few months, President Trump has been traveling all over this country, and speaking to thousands at his support rallies for the political candidates at each area where he stopped.
    This is in addition to everything else that he does as the leader of our nation, and today alone, he is doing a final 3 rallies, the final ones before Election Day tomorrow.

This man has given his all to America, and I don’t know how he keeps up the pace, which most people his age would not even try to do.
    You can see in this picture of him returning home last night, that this man is beyond exhaustion, and those of us who pray , need to pray not only for our country, but for our President, who puts his very life on the line for each of us, every single day.
    7C88339D-AC79-4DAD-9420-D7482383A4BF.jpeg

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Amen to that thought, @Yvonne Smith. He has given so much and has suffered interminable criticism from his enemies. I, too, think the future of the nation hangs on this election. I have mentioned the book Militant Normals on here before, and it is a good analysis of the situation in which the U.S. is involved right now.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I am afraid Maine won't be of any help. We have an incumbent US House member, Bruce Poliquin, who has distanced himself from Trump since before he was elected, except to get in front of the cameras to complain about him. This isn't going to help him in his district, which went for Trump in 2016, which is the first time a Republican has won an electoral vote in Maine in about thirty years. But, Bruce is persuaded by the media that Trump is not someone he wants to get close to. His opponent, although he has an F rating from the NRA, has campaigned, using his military background, as a gun rights advocate, including video of himself at a gun range, and is otherwise campaigning as a conservative, as well, although he isn't.

Then we have a Republican running against the incumbent US Senator Angus King who was a Never-Trumper and an open border advocate until about six months ago when he realized that wasn't going to play well in District 2, which favored Trump in 2016. Now he's talking like a Trump supporter but no one believes him. I'm not even voting for him because he's young and, if elected, he could be there for the rest of my life, as a male Susan Collins. I'd rather have King, who is probably going to retire in six years.

Our Republican gubernatorial candidate didn't start campaigning until about a month ago. I don't know if he's broke or lazy, but he could lose to a most unattractive Democrat. By that, I don't mean that his opponent is unattractive physically, although she is, but that she will be a horrible governor.

Unless someone pulls something off, the closest thing we'll have to a Republican is Susan Collins.

5. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

@Yvonne, I echo your feelings about Our President!

It would be nice if we could retain control of the Home of Representatives, but I'm pretty confident that the Senate's in the bag!

Hal

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Our President needs our prayers along with our support, encouragement, and loyalty.

Joan Kuper and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Keep those prayers coming for President Trump and his family...and do your part to help him build that Wall and stand in the gap for America.

9. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

My prayers are for people to wake up and see what a con artist Trump is before it's too late. But then, you folks are not from New York. We know him; we've known him for decades. Melania's jacket proclaimed the family motto:
    [​IMG]

Dwight Ward and Peter Renfro like this.
  10. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

We, who support him, don't need to be woken up. What we see is a man who has made promises, kept them and is doing thing for the welfare of the nation that no president has done for a very long time.

11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Here’s the real thing @Lulu Moppet.
    The Christian community (in general) is always asked to pray FOR our leaders, not against them. We continually ask that our leaders and Commander in Chief are given wisdom and direction.
    It doesn’t matter now who is in office nor did it matter who was in office 3, 5, or 10 years ago. The effort is always the same; wisdom, direction, safety and a sound mind.

There is a lot going on in the U.S. and world and there always has been since our very beginnings but judging the present condition that the world is in, our leaders need more prayer now more than ever before.
    I didn’t like nearly Anything B. Obama did whilst he was in office but I still prayed for his safety and that God give him wisdom.

There is supposed to be nothing political about prayer but that God should lead anyone who is in office and help him and them into a better light and lead us all into a time of peace and prosperity.
    It’s not about opening the eyes of the people for our eyes are indeed open but to open the eyes of our leaders to a better way and a better life for all of us.

It doesn’t matter what you personally think about our present president nor how much you do not want to back him but what does matter is the fact that No one should want ANY president of the U.S. to fail.
    In my life, no matter what condition I was personally in, I prayed for all of our presidents and will continue to do so and not thinking of politics nor personal likes and dislikes, but again, that they be given wisdom, safely and a sound mind.

12. Lulu Moppet

Registered

I really like you Bobby. I like how you reason, with both your mind & heart.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Meant sincerely, thank you Al, I appreciate your input.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Prayer is a sacred privilege, not a secular weapon.

15. Yvonne Smith

Al Amoling, Joe Riley and Don Alaska like this.