Our Child Is A Transgender!

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Eilynne Medalla, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Eilynne Medalla

Eilynne Medalla Veteran Member
    Registered

I knew it, as soon as I laid my eyes on my newborn son, how beautiful he was, he looked every inch a pretty girl! I felt instinctively that he was born gay! That was 23 years ago! Perhaps, the reason why I wasn’t so shocked is because my husband has an uncle who excelled and well-known for his art, music and design!

Our son was born so loving, confident, a natural communicator with flawless language skills, tenderly sweet (but make no bones about it, he is also very brave, articulate, outspoken and is never inhibited to speak out his mind!). So self-assured that upon graduating from secondary school, he fearlessly announced “Mum & Dad, I would like to be independent and study abroad”!

Off he went, traveled and lived on his own throughout his university years. When he turned 20, we noticed he began to refuse joining us for vacations or holidays. Then, we discovered why! He was avoiding to be with us because he has changed his lifestyle radically! He has become a cross-dresser with an elegantly made up face! Unknowingly to us, he even worked part time as visual make-up artist for a high-end cosmetic brand (and was quite popular with his well-heeled clients!).

Currently, he thrives and blooms in his career as training consultant, using his God-given talents and gifts! As my husband and I have retired, we are together with him now. I believe in faith that this is how God wants it to happen, that our link with him be re-strengthened by our physical presence. More than ever, this is the time our son needs our unconditional love and acceptance, to feel that he is valued and loved. And that will never change!

We talk openly about our concerns on morality, health risks and other potential dangers in being a transgender! Our moral concerns as parents should not blind us to love. We liken ourselves with other parents who are blessed with a physically challenged child, how do they take care of their child? And here we are, we have a morally challenged, pretty girl of a son! He needs more compassion and love than anyone else. Our faith in God keeps us stronger ever more believing in His Word : Jeremiah 29:11 “I know the plans I have for you, good plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future!”

2. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Eilynne, I'm not sure if you mean transgender or homosexual, or both. It's so confusing these days. Is your son making an actual gender switch, by way of a sex change, or is he just a cross-dresser. In any case, I would definitely continue to love my son. As a Christian, I could never condone the behavior, but I would not turn my back on him. I love the verse you quoted. I think it applies to both you and your son. I hope you can find some peace in the situation.

3. Eilynne Medalla

Eilynne Medalla Veteran Member
    Registered

From my heart to yours, thank you, Brittany for taking the time to comment on my post. No, he's not doing a sex-change but just dressing up like a girl in every way! Yes, in God's unfathomable grace, we have peace in our hearts and proud of our "pretty-girl-of-a son".

Brittany Houser likes this.
  4. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

You are welcome! :) Btw, if that's all he's doing, just remember, God looks at the inside. Man looks at the outside.;)

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm also confused with that term - tansgender - that to me it means not just a homosexual but one who had undergone an operation for sex change. But anyway, it is good for parents to understand the gender preference of their children.

There is an celebrated case of suicide recently by a young actress whose parents are both actors. She is 15 years old and has a good potential to be popular since she is already being cast in support roles. When she committed suicide, there was this note that she explained why she ended her life. Her parents may not understand that she is a lesbian and so in love with a girl. And since there is no chance for her love to prosper, she committed suicide.