Otto Warmbier, The Student Released From North Korea, Dies

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Chrissy Cross, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...i/otto-warmbier-has-died-hospital-says?page=1

CINCINNATI -- Otto Warmbier has died, University of Cincinnati Medical Center announced Monday.

Warmbier, 22, died at 2:20 p.m. Monday, days after he was released from captivity in North Korea. He was surrounded by family members at the time of his death, hospital officials said.

In a statement released by the hospital, family members said Warmbier had been unable to speak, see or react to verbal commands since his return to Cincinnati June 13.

"He looked very uncomfortable -- almost anguished," family members said. "Although we would never hear his voice again, within a day the countenance of his face changed -- he was at peace. He was home and we believe he could sense that."

I'm not sure if he died naturally or his parents pulled the plug. I know he was in a coma for at least a year and that's how he arrived back home but I'm not understanding how he died.

Anyway, such a sad story. I feel for his parents and family members. :(

2. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Also, this has been bothering me about the whole story. I can only imagine how his parents must feel. The thought of him being a prisoner in N. Korea is probably the worst place to be and I think I would rather have had my son killed quickly and instantly than to have to suffer the 15 months that he was captive. They are angry and have every right to be angry but when they started speaking out after he was released about how horribly he was treated by the N. Koreans doesn't that worry the parents of other Americans still captive over there? I think there are still a few.

Every time I've seen the parents speak out..That's my first thought...

3. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

he was tortured of that that im sure. why these youngster waste they're time going there is beyond me

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Agree with that!! You don't even have to be guilty of doing anything. They'll arrest you for nothing.

Gary Ridenour likes this.
  5. Gary Ridenour

Registered

if you get the chance watch Lisa Ling's inside N Korea. from NATGEO. when youre there don't move, don't breath

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I like Lisa Ling, used to watch all her shows...didn't know she still did them...or is this older?

7. Gary Ridenour

Registered

she's still at it. also has a facebook page to

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'll have to look it up...thanks.

9. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

This is a sad story and I feel bad for the family as they have to wonder what their son went through.

A diabolical regime. The poor souls who live their also.

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm reading now that the company he did the tour through has stopped accepting Americans....smart move.

Even read something that the State Dept might ban travel there. Anybody would be crazy to go there ...even Dennis Rodman has no guarantees of coming back.

11. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree, anyone who goes there from any country really is taking a chance with their very life. They are probably after Americans more there but anyone is at risk. Too many other places in the world to see. Wonder why some would go there. Dennis Redman needs an evaluation for going there.

12. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

There is a problem that we only hear one side of the situation. What would happen if he came back with high praise of North Korea? What would happen if he died in the hands of the NK? Could the US gain some sympathy if he died? Not knowing the whole truth and of course we only hear one side I think it is time to sit back and not make any judgements on who is to blame for his death. The media loves to stir up trouble and tug at your heart strings but we are learning things are not what they appear sometimes.

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

But he didn't come back with high praise of Korea, he came back in a coma. You gotta use your common sense here....there's nothing good or nice about N. Korea.

14. Gary Ridenour

Registered

some soft targets for our boys if Trump gives the word

[​IMG]

15. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes the North Koreans are not friendly to people who disrespect their country and glad the US treats their prisoners better. Guantanamo