Oscar Night Exciting? Well...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

What kind of a man SLAPS another man anyhow? Seems like kind of a wimpy reaction. Good thing for Smith that Don Rickles is dead; now that guy knew how to toss an insult.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sissy slap. No wonder his kid looks like one.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well, just my opinion... but this was absolutely real. Gotta hand it to Chris for maintaining his dignity, though.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have to say that I'm not all that upset to see Chris get slapped...not because of the offensiveness of his material (because I don't believe it to be all that bad), but because his voice grates like a black Gilbert Gottfried.

Now that I think of it, Smith needs to go slap Gottfried, too. I have a hard time listening to either one of them.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

How this might be covered in the various news companies…..

149C6943-E0B7-4D79-B3B5-F81E6ACB60FC.jpeg

6. John Brunner

The Will Smith thing is heating up.

First off, I'm reading that after The Slap Heard 'Round The World, Smith was asked to leave the venue and he refused. In many states, if you are asked to leave private property and you refuse, that is Criminal Trespass. After a tsunami of online pressure, The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences has started disciplinary proceedings against Smith, issuing this statement: "The Board of Governors today initiated disciplinary proceedings against Mr. Smith for violations of the Academy’s Standards of Conduct, including inappropriate physical contact, abusive or threatening behavior, and compromising the integrity of the Academy."

On a different track, it seems that The State of California has the right to bring charges against Smith, even if Rock declines to do so. The door is still open for Rock to change his mind (I don't know how long he has before time expires.) A retired L.A. County District Attorney saidCharges actually can and should be filed because the offense was against the state of California. It’s not Chris Rock versus Will Smith in a criminal matter. The LAPD and the city attorney should not close the door on what was an obvious criminal offense and is easily provable.

The Springer-esque drama heightened Tuesday night when LAPD showed up at Smith's home, igniting speculation of an arrest...but they were there investigating reports of a drone (a flying camera, not his wife *SLAP*)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    Don Alaska, Al Amoling and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I can't imagine what they are wasting time (and money) "investigating", when the entire thing was captured from every direction on film with millions of witnesses. Typical bullshit, and just another diversion from actual news-worthy events.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Another mention.
    There’s nothing wrong with being a fan of some celebrity who makes a living by acting but the parts they play, as @Don Alaska mentioned, aren’t real.
    It’s all fantasy and the actors who are involved in those fantasies aren’t portraying themselves but someone else.

If I’m going to be a fan of someone, all I need to do is to look around. There are real live role models out here in a real live world who do things just because it is something that needs to be done.
    There are no big award ceremonies, no cameras, no glitz, no big fanfare or drama and when they pass, all ya see on the headstone is that the person was a good father or a good mother.

From cub scout den mothers to volunteer fire fighters to doctors without borders and even the neighbor that simply looks in to see if an elderly person is okay.
    Real role models with real purpose. Real people who deserve the name of “celebrity”.

Al Amoling and Don Alaska like this.
  9. John Brunner

You'll never convince the average drooling idiot of that. There are actors from Ken Osmond (Eddie Haskell character on "Leave It To Beaver") to Adam West (played Batman on the original TV series) who could not find work when those shows ended because they got "type cast." In other words, a large chunk of the American populace thought that they were really Eddie Haskell and Batman. Such stupidity is so prevalent that there's a term for it.

I was at work one day and there were two young women (early 20s) sitting in the break room chatting. One of them sobs "Did you hear about Sam? He has cancer!!!" The other--on the verge of tears--replies "Oh no! That's horrible!!!" So my mind starts going through the roster of coworkers. I cannot conjure a vision of who this Sam might be, so I said..."That really sucks. But who is Sam??" One of the looks at me and blubbers "Sam...in Days Of Our Lives. He's got cancer."

Regarding the day-to-day heroes...perhaps we are fortunate to live in a world where such behaviour is not extraordinary, huh? Regarding the other [useful] idiots...there's enough of them that actors cannot ply their trade too well or they're unemployable.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Ken Osmond became a Los Angeles cop for a while.

John Brunner likes this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Real or no? Watch and listen to the video. You can hear the sound as the hand hits the face.

Sissy slap? Since Chris semi laughed about it and carried on, I say yes, not even a Girl Scout-worthy slap. Other evidence is that Chris did not have any reddening on his face indicative of a hard slap or knocked back enough to be impressive.

Guys that Slap! Guys that slap should be castrated, but what else would one expect from a wimpy guy in an open marriage. The Fresh Wimp of Baldhair will be Will's next gig. After seeing the trailer, I will pass on this "gag me with a tablespoon acting."

Degrading Words? Not in my opinion. It was actually a compliment that Will's wife is talented enough to play a role as GI Jane. Rock's remark wasn't insensitive regarding Will's wife's bald head because she voluntarily shaved it. Her hair loss was caused by the stress of their open relationship and her many side lovers. 1 in 5 people suffer from alopecia and it doesn't make anyone physically sick or threaten their life. The weak may suffer emotional distress, but in every case, it can be treated with lifestyle changes, diet, exercise, and reducing stress. I thought his wife was just following a hairstyle. It pisses me off that the news people put this self-inflicted hair loss in the same emotional distress category as cancer patients undergoing the horrors of chemo. How dare they! If Will is so sensitive about his wife's hair or lack thereof. then buy her a wig, fool! I seriously doubt his wife still has alopecia. I think she shaves her head to make a statement about her open marriage, which is not a marriage at all in my opinion. If she still had alopecia, then she wouldn't have so many roots showing.

Disappointment. I was disappointed that Jesse Smollett was not involved in this shitshow. The Nigerian Bros should be the ones getting the Oscar.

A big hubbub over nothing, but it sure saved the failing Oscars and took away from the Biden/Putin sponsored murdering of women, children, and men in Ukraine. I expect a lot of Hollywood drama in the next few months.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  12. John Brunner

JUSSIE

Faye Fox likes this.
  13. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I can say that there are some celebrities that have made a difference in real life.
    For example, Gary Sinise of Forest Gump (Lt. Dan) fame is mentally, physically and monetarily involved with military veterans. To me, he’s done more for wounded vets than even the infamous Wounded Warriors have done and for that and that only, I’m a big fan.

It’s a given that there are a few more out there whose life after acting has made a positive impact on regular John and Jane Smiths but to be sure, they are a rarity.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, excuse the poo out of me! :rolleyes::(:D:D Sorry you seen what I done.