Opposing Gender Roles!

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Richard Paradon, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

If you went to a movie and all of the male roles were played by females and the female roles were played by males, what would be your reaction? Now keep in mind that this is a legitimate film, "R" rated and all the trailers were done with proper sex roles. Would you stay and watch it or walk out?

2. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

It would depend on the movie. If it was a sexually oriented movie, in that there were a lot of sex scenes, I'd walk out, or turn it off. But not because of the reversal of roles - I just don't like that stuff.

But if it was a movie about people and families, about relationships, jobs, and life - I think it might be refreshing and thought-provoking. Where men are "allowed" in our society, to act aggressive and be like jerks to get ahead, women really aren't, so it would be interesting to see those roles reversed, to see men put down because they are competitive and ambitious. It would be great to see men taking care of families and providing the nurturing, loving role in the family.

It probably wouldn't be realistic, but it would certainly make you look at things from a different perspective, which I really enjoy. I love questioning the status quo.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  3. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

I'd leave and ask for my money back on the way out :)

Diane Lane and Richard Paradon like this.
  4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

If it was full of sex scenes I would have to leave and request a refund of my money. I don't have a problem with what some people considered reverse roles of what a person should or should not do in the house. I think the best person for the job should do the job to get it done. I can not iron a shirt to save my life, my ex did all the ironing when we ironed. Now it is permanent press only for me.

Richard Paradon likes this.