Oocyte Cryopreservation: Freezing The Future Of Humanity

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Amie Ar, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    The world is getting smaller everyday.

Over population and the ageing society was one of the greatest challenges of many countries across the world. As we approach the 21st century and the end of the 3rd millennia, Earth was currently home to around 7.4 billion humans. As such, there were literally countries in the world where its people in totality hardly fit its actual physical land area due to the continuous escalation on the number of its citizens. That even if all its citizens were standing, sitting or lying, its land area will not be able to accommodate them.

The lifesaver.
    Modern science experts were continuously finding and seeking solutions to the ever growing human population as more and more also die and aged affecting the quality of human life and the future of the planet Earth. While space explorers’ quests for another habitable Earth-like planet, human life experts also are finding out ways to preserve the future of the generations to come. As much as we all would like to prolong human life existence, science and technology is keeping up in ways on how to preserve human life for the future. Preserving life through modern fertility science with the aid of cryofreezing technology

Preserving humans for the future.
    In order to keep with social trends and the advancement of technology, people, particularly couples and women were introduced to the so-called Oocyte Cryopreservation where couples particularly physically and mentally healthy women of legal age can avail the option to cryofreeze their reproductive egg cells for future planned pregnancies. The babies produced out of these process are often called ‘Designer Babies’ simply because they were made allegedly out of technology.

Oocyte Cryopreservation was also being advised for women who were cancer patients who have lost their chance of reproduction due to effect of the donadoxic therapies administered while they were being cured with cancer.

What do you think about Oocyte Cryopreservation?

Will this be a sound solution or option for countries with very dense population and large aging societies?

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Pardon me if this comment is offending to those gender sensitive people.

I have heard of that cryopreservation which freezes the sperm cells and eggs cells not necessarily of couples. It is now being availed by gay who wanted to have children. There is one popular gay man here named Joel who is reputedly perfume magnate. He is now the father of 2 sets of twins with a Russian mother for the first twin (the mother of the second twins was not identified). The impregnation was done by artificial insemination. That case has given hope to those gay couples who couldn't have children because they are of the same sex but they can avail of the IVF or test tube process to conceive a baby. This procedure is very convenient particularly for those gay couples who are "legally" married.

3. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

As far as I'm concerned Corie, I don't find this topic offensive instead I consider it still as part of human education and part of our learnings about science and technology. i hope we can discuss it here intelligently for he sake of human life which we seniors are much part of it. I find it interesting to know what could possibly be social life beyond our lifetime. Its part of reality and its happening right now.

Cryonics, the same with GMO and cloning were not a new subjects, in fact it has been part of several blockbuster sci-fi movies. i remember watching that Stallone's movie entitled 'Demolition Man' with Wesley Snipes where convicts were frozen and thawed (lols!) to life on the future. however futuristic this film was, its main subject was based on an ongoing science experiment just like how Oocyte Cryopreservation was before when it was initially tested in the year 1953 and the resulting embryos planted to humans in 1986 as reported by Dr Christopher Chen of Singapore.

Corie Henson likes this.