One Reason To Not Trust Your Doctor

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, May 8, 2017.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

We have a normal trust in a man with a white coat because that is what they have been telling us. That they have the knowledge or do they. A medical study done by the medical establishment show that 88% of the time. A second opinion might save your life but get it from someone who is not connected to the first. A medical school is a good choice because they do not make money off the results.

https://www.studyfinds.org/second-opinion-doctor-diagnosis-study/

http://www.kare11.com/news/health/m...-refined-diagnosis-with-2nd-opinion/428519257

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-04-...s-rarely-agree-with-your-first-diagnosis.html

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I trust my doctor. As far as a second opinion from a medical school, most likely a school would tell a person straight out........."We don't give that type of information. You must contact your PCP." That's logical to me.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I trust my dr...have been going to him for 14 years. I also run things by my brother in law who is a doctor if I have any concerns....of course he can't give me an exact answer without seeing me but he can answer questions I may have over the phone.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

That's nice to have a relative that is a doctor. I always thought that someone who has a relative/relatives in law enforcement, medical and law would be a really nice thing to have. Seriously.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have dentists, doctor, pharmacists and a nurse in my family...no lawyers though. Maybe a grandson will be one in the future. :)

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My Doctors are partner's with me in taking care of my health and I never just take their word for anything. When I have something wrong I do research to "know" all my options, and I would not hesitate in getting a second or even third opinion on a serious health issue. While I do respect my Doctors as long as they show me that same respect, I trust them only to the extent that we both come to agreement on any health issue I am dealing with. And as many of you know from a previous post of mine...if a Doctor does not respect me or act like a professional....I will have nothing more to do with him and report his unprofessional behavior.

Last edited: May 8, 2017