On The Road Again

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Tomorrow morning, my wife and I will be driving to Arlington. I would have been our daughter's birthday, so we are going to visit the grave at Arlington National Cemetery, and meet our son-in-law and grandchildren there, spend some time with them, and maybe visit a couple of things we haven't already seen in Washington, D.C.

We will be gone about a week. Of course, I'll have my computer with me but I won't be online as much or as often as when I am at home.

2. Terry Page

Terry Page Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Have a good trip Ken, and time with your family. We will try and keep the place clean and tidy in your absence, and not have too many parties.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  3. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Have a blessed visit, Ken. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Terry Page likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Have a nice trip even if the intention is to commemorate the dead. Nevertheless, it would be a happy event with the grandchildren and I'm sure you will have a good time with the kids. Enjoy and we will be awaiting your pictures.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

Have a great time with the family Ken... :)

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Agreeing with everyone Ken, and may the Lord grant you Travel Mercies and blessings on your Journey.

Okay @Joe Riley, it's jacks or better trips to win, deuces are wild. Break out the good stuff, the boss is outta the room!

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sending prayers for a safe trip there and back, @Ken Anderson . That is a long drive, and hopefully, winter will hold off so you do not have to drive through snow and ice. I know you have a Tracker, and they are awesome in snow; but thinking that since your wife has a new car, you might take that instead.
    It is good that you can visit your grandchildren, and being able to see more of Washington DC seems like that would be interesting as well.
    Since I am going to be traveling this week also, it is good that @Lara Moss and @Terry Page will be looking after the forum, and keeping the parties at a minimum.
    Although, with the holiday season here, who knows how well they can manage that.

8. Terry Page

Registered

Oh dear Yvonne you shouldn't have mentioned that, without your steadying influence the parties will become wild, and Joe's coffee shop may well bear the brunt of it ;) who knows what you will come back to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Stay safe and well.

Ina I. Wonder and Joe Riley like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Safe travels, Ken!

11. Ken Anderson

Registered

We are on the way, with my wife driving, obviously. The weather is supposed to be good. We had snow a!l day yesterday, but it is c!ear today. I am on my Kindle so it is difficult replying, since only a.crazy person would try to get online with a tablet.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol, Ken....I do it all the time on my iphone6!

How long of a drive is it? I'm guessing 12 + hrs. At least you have 2 drivers which helps.:)

Terry Page likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Registered

Yeah, we figure about 11 hours; but we will be spending the night in Connecticut, breaking up the drive.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's good! My brother lives in New Haven.

15. Bobby Cole

Registered

The vid just happens to be one of my various anthems. Now, with that in mind, what's that you say about crazy people and a tablet? And, do not crazy people normally have an affinity toward tablets and do not doctors prescribe tablets to crazy people? Have you ever heard of a doctor prescribing a kindle to anyone whether crazy or not?
    Do not the majority of people in the U.S. consider doctors to be a vibrant part of society in that they help people?

Now, considering all of this, if a doctor who is considered to be a vibrant part of society, does not prescribe a kindle to anyone but is more than willing to prescribe a tablet then I would say that using a tablet is the safest bet in order to prevent being crazy.

16. Bobby Cole

Registered

Don't know if this will merge or not but, Ken is off to Arlington and as of 30 minutes ago my wife got under way for Spokane, Washington. Her son is going to have to go through a triple by-pass this next Monday so Happyflowerlady, her daughter and other son are all converging on Spokane this weekend.

Long story short, it's a pretty prayerful kind of day and will be for another few days.

17. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Bobby, your wife's name is Yvonne. :)

Wishing her safe travels also! Airports are a pain in the butt!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    Ina I. Wonder and Terry Page like this.
  18. Bobby Cole

Registered

Yeah, I know that, you know that and only a couple of others knew that but I guess everybody knows that now. Oh well. Uh........I only have one wife not wives. I'm just a mono kind of a guy.

Yes, airports, especially the Atlanta hub are a pain and not necessarily just in one's posterior.

Holly Saunders and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  19. Chrissy Cross

Registered

lol, Bobby...I fixed it! You had me all confused...thought you were married to Yvonne and HappyFlowerlady. :)

Yes, I've had connections in Atlanta...missed a couple.

Holly Saunders and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  20. Ken Anderson

Registered

Okay, we're in Arlington. The drive wasn't bad until about Baltimore, then it was pretty slow from there on. We are staying at the Virginian Suites in Arlington, Virginia. It's a nice room, large, with a full kitchen. Not fancy, but plenty comfortable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Ken Anderson

Registered

arlington3.jpg
    This is my wife, myself, and our grandchildren, Michelle and Elijah.

22. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Looks nice and roomy, have a good rest of the week!

23. Ken Anderson

Registered

Thank you, @Chrissy Page. There was a lot of walking today. After visiting our daughter's grave, we went to the Tomb of the Unknowns for the changing of the guard thing, to the eternal flame for JFK, and the Arlington House, which is a memorial to Robert E. Lee. Since parts of Arlington Cemetery were closed off, there was even more walking than there would normally be, since the closest routes weren't always available. So I am sore, and it was a full day. I guess we're going to do it again in July, if things remain as they are, since it's a nice opportunity to see the grandkids and our son-in-law, as well as some tourist stuff, and it's not that long of a drive.

24. Terry Page

Registered

Good to hear all is going well and you are having a good time with your family, nice pic of you with your wife and the grandchildren, I guess you are just not used to walking Ken ;)

25. Chrissy Cross

Registered

THAT is a full day! What are your plans for the rest of the week? I think you said you'll be gone a week?
    Your grandkids probably have school unfortunately. The weather looks good though, nobody is bundled up, hope it stays nice for you.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015