Olympic Gender Issue?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bobby Cole, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yesterday, my wife and I watched a small part of the Olympics and tuned in just as the women runners were preparing for a race. I'm not sure how many meters, and to tell the truth I can't find much about it on Google.

Here's what we saw though. They were showing each runner and then panned to a really, really ugly looking gal who was apparently representing Kenya. The race went off and Margaret, the Kenyan runner won.
    I remarked to my wife that she was either a man or an ugly woman but the name that was registered to her was Margaret. Okay.......ugly woman it is!! No.................

This morning on the radio they were talking about the Kenyan transgender who won the semi-finals and would surely win the finals on Saturday. Apparently Margaret hadn't had the operation yet but could still qualify as a woman under the Olympic rules just by declaring her / his chosen gender. Dunno.
    It would seem that the higher testosterone level and consequential larger muscles and endurance would disqualify him/her from entering into a female race because it's a gimme that he would win.

It's kind of like the story of the pig and the chicken at breakfast. The chicken only participated because it gave up a couple of eggs but the pig was totally committed.
    It would seem a little more uh....., sensible (?) if the Kenyan had "committed" to his chosen gender by having the sex change operation instead of just declaring it. I guess this politically correct thing has even spread world wide. Shame on them..........

Jus' sayin'.......

Sheldon Scott and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That's not fair! I don't care if people become transgender, it's their business but just to be able to "use" it your advantage is wrong.

There's a reason some events and sports are divided by sex. We have different advantages or disadvantages.

If I was in that event I would protest. Next Olympics if I was a male, I would sign up as female insuring a few wins.

Transgenders should only be considered the sex they state if they've done all the hormone treatments, etc.

That's my opinion, but I just woke up late and still groggy.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    Sheldon Scott and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny, we seen the same Runner being introduced and I told my wife that exact thing "why does this girl look like a man?". Got my answer!

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I do think that the transgender jad an unfair advantage in a female race. If born male, one has testosterpne creating more muscle mass and more power. Bssed on that, he needed to compete against other males.

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw a bit of this in the news, as well. I agree, it's unfair that he was able to run as a female, being that he had an unfair advantage due to biology. I don't really understand why those in the position to make these decisions don't understand common sense, other than they are choosing to toss society on its head and turn it into some fantasy world. I couldn't care less if someone wants to change to a female or vice versa, but don't then participate in something in which you have an advantage over your fellow competitors based on the biology with which you were born.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm waiting for the guys who couldn't quite make it into the NBA to sign up for professional women's basketball. There's no reason why they couldn't.

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Just caught a gal that had won something and her trainer went to give her a hug, she picked him up and swung him to the floor
    He laughed and went to give her a hug, again she picked him up and swung him to the floor. Then she picked him up to her
    shoulders and carried him around the ring ! :eek:
    I turned to Fabs and said - very feminine :p

Sheldon Scott and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is a bit of history for our sports. Before I was born, there was this runner named Mona who was the best in the women's national racing (I'm not sure if she runs the dash or marathon). She was unbeatable at that time which made her a sort of celebrity. But with her macho looks, her opponents complained that she take a physical exam to determine if she was really a woman. She quit running because of that.

When I was in already working, there was this runner in the same vein as Mona. Her name is Nancy and like Mona, she is also our country's representative to international sports meets, I just don't remember is she was in the Olympics. And like the first case, some of her opponents in the local races clamored for a physical checkup. She quit running after that physical checkup. And although it was not published in the papers (there was no internet yet) rumors were rife that Nancy is an hermaphrodite - a person with 2 gender meaning she has 2 sex organs.

Patsy Faye and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

To be fair, I looked her up and I think she's intersex and not transgender.

Intersex on the other hand is when someone, whether male or female is born with ambiguous genitalia, or in some rare cases, where an individual is born with both ovarian ad testicular tissue. Most intersexed individuals identify as their gender assign to them at birth.

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Here's one I heard about on the radio also. A young high school boy/man/girl competed in the all state Alaska track finals and won knocking out female competitors for a scholarship.
    http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3437517/posts

Apparently there is a statute, title IX which was enacted in 1972 and re-named the Patsy Mink equal opportunity in education act in 2002 which pretty much says that no one in regard to gender will be excluded from any activity in any institution that receives federal funds.
    In short, the issue was concerning girls who wanted to play on boys baseball, football and basketball teams in school but were denied access to those teams because of their sex.
    No good thing goes unpunished because it's spread to boys wishing to compete in girls sports such as track and field where it is well known that males will exceed over their female counterparts.

I believe the thing that is misunderstood about the act is that a male or female does not have to claim a gender but merely have the desire to play on the opposite gender's team.

Now, here's where I am confused. I started the thread citing a "shim" who won a track event in Rio at the Olympics but the announcers cited title IX as the reasoning behind the Olympic committee's stance on cross gender competition. Title IX is all about American Schools which receive federal funds but the Olympics are totally independent of any college or lower school especially organizations outside of the U.S. It's an American law and not a world wide initiative!!

Go figure why this world is getting so screwed up. People can't just take a peek under their Hanes or Jockeys and see which sex they are.

Ken Anderson and Patsy Faye like this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Confused ? ......definitely..........and I'm not the only one :p

12. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know why I felt uncomfortable last night watching the news. There was this not so young singer who was assigned as chairman of the National Youth Commission. First reason for my discomfort was her tattoo all over her arms. How can a woman represent the youth with that kind of design on her skin? Second, she is married to a girl. And I was really disgusted when she mentioned in an interview the term "my wife" referring to her lover who is also a female. Well, the singer was appointed on the strength of connections - her lover is the daughter of the guy who was instrumental in the successful registration of the president's candidacy last year.

Pardon me for this gender discrimination post. I'm just being honest with my opinion on the subject matter of gender.

Bobby Cole and Patsy Faye like this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Uh, what you described @Corie Henson was only one definition of discrimination which is the "unjust" part of it. But, you were simply "understanding the difference" which is a totally different definition for which I applaud rather than have any disdain over.

At present, there is absolutely NO scientific proof that males or females are accidentally born into the opposite gender's body. DNA is DNA........period. Hormone levels all through a person's life can vary and can be pretty screwed up especially around the time of puberty but it can be easily fixed. If a man's estrogen levels are up and his testosterone level is down there is a chance of gaining extra fat especially around the breast area but that doesn't mean he's turning into a girl. If a gal's hormone levels are messed up chances are she's going to bulk up and get facial hair but again, she's not going to be a guy but just a messed up female. No matter what the hormone levels are, a woman will not grow one and a man's stuff will not drop off.

In today's P.Correct world there is way too much false credulence and credibility given to groups of diverse sexual orientation to the point that the more perverse and diverse the person is, the more legally and socially preferred a person becomes.

Sad................very sad.

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

I think there is a gender mishap for some - very young children (around three) have been known to say they are a boy/girl
    I do believe it has become an option though - people now choose this route
    Its a mixed up world

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The old way of thinking for girls was that they wanted to be mommy's, nurses, or teachers and the boys were in need of being firemen, doctors, or soldiers. In addition to that there was the old attitude of a sort of apprenticeship whereby men taught their boys and women taught their girls. In short, there was no loss of sexual orientation within the household for which the young one could be confused about.

In today's way of raising a child, it's okay if a boy wants to smell good like mommy and wear a dress like his sister but God forbid he should be fidgety and act out (like a boy) in school. Drug him up and make him passive like a .....girl.
    At the youngest of ages a boy and a girl will notice definite differences and ask questions but today's parents aren't willing to help assign their sex but leave it up to the imagination of the young one and the willingness of teachers to allow young ones to "explore" a new identity. Some boys, when they see Sally wearing a dress and getting a little special attention will want that same attention just as some girls who see Johnny getting all dirty instead of having to stay nice all day, will want to be like Johnny.

Gender assignment starts with the parents and when the parents refuse to play their true part regarding the proper mental structure of a child, things can't help but go wrong.

Patsy Faye likes this.