Oliver Stone is Making a Movie About Snowden Next

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One movie maker that i enjoy is Oliver Stone. His lengthy movie about the kennedy assassination was an incredible piece of film-making, and he has made many other documentary type films.
    Now, he is in Washington getting ready to make a film about Edward Snowden, who some say is a traitor, and others classify as an American hero for risking his life to warn us about upcoming dangers to ourselves and our country.
    This will certainly be a movie that I would like to see when it comes out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...er-stone-filming-snowden-movie-in-washington/

2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I have heard before that Oliver Stone was interested in doing a movie about Snowden. I think that if anyone can do the movie justice it would be Stone, he does try to make a movie as accurate as possible when its based on fact. So, if he can pull this one off maybe we might find out ore about this whole story and why Snowden did what he did.

To be honest I don't know what to make of what Snowden did. Some can say he is a hero, but he knew the job he was doing. No doubt was made to sign forms before taking the job about keeping confidentiality, which is something he ended up not doing. Maybe he had a reason, but because of this he has violated terms and no doubt did commit a felony none the less, which was punishable by law. So, maybe some could say he did the right thing, but he still knew what he was doing would not only cost him his job but his freedom that is why he fled to another country. No doubt he had this all planned out before he leaked it all out.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that when government gets so powerful that they can get by with doing anything they want to do, and pass laws that benefit businesses and the rich people only; then it is a good thing when someone will risk their whole future and even their life, to let the rest of the people know what is going on.
    I can see that if he told government secrets that he was breaking the law; but the reason he was doing it was to help educate the people about what the government was doing.
    I am sure that the British would have executed paul Revere for announcing that the British Army was on the way; yet we Americans, who were trying to break free of government tyranny, look back on him as one of our country's heroes.

4. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

I would be really interested in seeing this story. I hope that Stone is able to be fair and unbiased and just tell the story, from both perspectives. I tend to think that Snowden is in the "good" column, but I realize that what he did was probably treasonous - as the laws are written today.

But the government is starting it get out of control, and we need more people, who know what's going on, to step up and tell the full, true, unembellished story.