Old Tv Shows

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Denise Richardson, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Denise Richardson

Denise Richardson Veteran Member
    Registered

Do you still like to watch the old tv shows or they may be called "classics" for example: Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy, etc? I do. Those old shows are so funny. Instead of subscribing to TVLand, I purchased the full seasons on DVD. I hardly ever watch tv except the news so I didn't need many channels and I figured it would be cheaper in the "long run" to buy the dvd's rather than paying nearly double just to watch them on Directv.

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

MASH and Andy Griffith are regulars, that we enjoy watching.

3. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

I still watch the Rifleman. every sat morn

4. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

The channel 'Antenna TV' has nothing but classics. Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Perry Mason are two of my favorites.

Krissttina Isobe and Joe Riley like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Anyone with a Roku can get free access to several channels offering a lot of old movies and television series for free, with more complete collections available from some of the paid channels. I particularly like binge-watching several seasons of old television shows, although most of the older ones weren't created for continuity as is the case with most newer series.

Krissttina Isobe and Joe Riley like this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I enjoyed The Honeymooners when the shows were still being re-telecast. Back then, there was no videotape, no instant recording, and everything was shown live, as it was happening. Jackie Gleason was an absolute Artist at making the live performance work and flow, continuously. The extremely bright lights needed revealed sweat pouring down his brow often. His schemes to get rich, dragging neighbor Ed Norton in, were priceless!

The one notable, absolutely elsewhere unexcelled reaction he did, was after lighting up and puffing on a cigar, he unexpectedly (obviously) got a coughing fit. After coughing for a minute or two, he covered it with, "It pays to buy the best!"

Genius. As was also Ernie Kovacs.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We get MeTV, which has a number of those Classic TV shows on them. I generally take time out during the weekday to watch Gunsmoke. On Saturdays, we have a channel that shows a number of the old tv Westerns. Same Westerns I grew up with. Actually, I have a wall in our hallway of pictures dedicated to those old Westerns. When I was a kid, I'd watch some of the other old shows, but Western's were my favorite.

Krissttina Isobe and Tim Burr like this.
  8. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

We watch a lot of old classics. Cheyene, Gunsmoke, Columbo, & Barney Miller to name a few.

9. Denise Richardson

Denise Richardson Veteran Member
    Registered

I just enjoy those old shows much more than what they have on today. The last time I checked, Directv doesn't offer the sub-channels here. They offer local channels but not sub-channels. Some of those are the ones that are offering the old tv shows. The Hallmark channel has a few but not many so I'll stick to my dvds.

Sheldon Scott, Joe Riley and Tim Burr like this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I love Lucy - Mary Tyler Moore Show (with the very huggable Ed Asner)
    Cheers was fab too - Barney Miller, so many
    Last night my treat was watching the great Frank S, singing songs from long ago to the 80s (sigh)

11. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Sometimes I find myself watching The Adams Family and Andy Griffith, especially if the Darlings are on. Antennae Tv? I haven't heard of that. I will try to find it.

12. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

13. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't watch any of the old shows much. I watch alot of Hgtv and ID. I do like Little house on the prairie, Murder she wrote, and Big valley. I use to love Heart to Heart.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Antennae Tv (type in your Zip Code to find local channels)

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Like Cody we get MeTV locally here in Hawaii. My Mom's Magnavox has good reception with no problem connecting with MeTv. My Insignia has problem now that it didn't have before with MeTv. Now the station appears to be no signal. One day I went to channel 6 it's parent channel locally and watched it for about a minute then turned back to MeTv and poof it's on, but it stays on for only 45 minute. Never had problems with my Insignia until now. By the way I love the old tv series and movies too like Man from U. N. C. L. E. and many others.

Joe Riley likes this.