Old Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Bill Boggs, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I watched an old movie last night, Cacoon, a 1985 movie directed by Ron Howard. It is a science fiction film. Three men living in a retirement community. They seem to find the fountain of youth while sneaking into a private swimming pool next door to their community.

The Cast: Don Ameche, Wilford Brimley, Hume Cronyn, Brian Denny, Jack Gilford, Maureen Stapleton and Jessica Tandy.

I had seen this movie before years ago. but didn’t remember most of it. I was more in tune with the movie this time around than thee first time.. It’s a movie worth seeing.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

“Cocoon” is one of our favorite movies, too, @Bill Boggs , along with “Batteries Not Included” and “Short Circuit” . I think that some of these older movies were great, and no matter how many times you watch them, they are still awesome to watch again.
    Another that that I really like is called “Just Like heaven” (or maybe it is “Almost Like Heaven”, I can never remember for sure).

Bill Boggs likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Great movie.

"And you will never grow old."

4. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I consider "old" movies as those that were produced in the 1930's to 1960's.

Gone With The Wind (1939)
    The Grapes Of Wrath (1940)
    Dr. Zhivago (1965)
    Lawrence Of Arabia (1962)
    A Night To Remember (1958) (British production of Titanic sinking...superior to the later American color version, which left out the "Californian" incident.)

Hal

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

One thing that cutting the cable in favor of Netflix has done for me is that it has encouraged me to watch movies that I wouldn't otherwise have bothered with, and this has introduced me to several old movies that I may have dismissed forty years ago, and many of them are very good.

Von Jones likes this.
  6. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

With DIRECTV (satellite) We get terriffic movie channels: TCM (256) and AMC (254). Never a commercial break on TCM features.
    Hal