Old Electronics Appliance

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Corie Henson, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Do you still have those old electronic gadgets and appliances that we used to marvel at? The betamax tapes, vhs tapes, much more the vynil records... I still remember that it used to be HI-FI for high fidelity sound of the radio and now what we have is the WI-FI for the wireless fidelity. Huh, times have changed a lot.

What I have now is just the cassette player that is still playing and some old cassettes, of course. I wonder if that player can be connected to the computer so I can siphon the recordings in the old cassette tapes.

2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I still have many VHS tapes. For me these aren't necessarily obsolete. I have numerous VHS movies especially ones that once belonged to my mother. What am I saying I still have some vinyl records and cassette tapes as well. Hey, I come from a generation where these were the ways to listen to music. So, I still have held on to some of the music that I listen to back at that time.

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I have old cassettes also that I want to convert to cds so that I can play them on my computer. There are several devices out that make that possible. I have old lectures and music on the cassettes that I have had trouble letting go of.

4. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a ton of VHS movies and nothing to play them on. Still have two 8 track songs out in the shed.

5. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I tried to get rid of all old appliances, except for a sandwich maker from the 1980s that I brought with me, but I had to thrown it away past month due to the non-stick surface worn out and was oxidizing. Sad because I like this better than the other (new one) that I have because of its depth, allowing to make not just sandwiches, but hot cakes, waffles, fried eggs, and more.

However I gave all other old electronic appliances to my sister, who likes to collect just about everything, although she is also getting rid of some that are too broken or totally useless today. About one month ago, she threw 8-10 video recorders (Beta and VHS) to the trash because none of these were longer working (and she still has tons of these type of video-cassettes!)

She only has more the 4-5 analog TV sets, several coffee makers, old irons, blenders, mixers, radios, audio-cassette recorders/players, two Hi-Fi sound systems and other old appliances, some of which still work!