Ok, So This Explains A Lot Of My Falling To Sleep Issues

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Denise Evans, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Page that's what I thought too. Before we got the first Sleep Number bed we had a water bed. Michael's choice. When my arthritis was to the point that I couldn't sleep, Michael was the one that pushed for this kind of bed. Sometime I take it down to about 25%, and sometimes I need 100%, or whatever in between.

The old bed was fine even after 15 years, but I just couldn't sleep in 'our' bed once he died. It was way to big, and I found myself searching for him at night. So the queen is perfect, and now Izzy has his own side. And no, he's not a spoiled pooch. He just lives royally!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a 1.5 inch memory foam mattress topper, with cool air flow. It wasn't much money, and I love it. I have a very, good older mattress, but it is very firm which I like. But the memory foam is a dream for me anyway, to sleep on. I also have a nice pillow now, a Temper Pedic that is helping my neck so much the last couple of nights, thank You Lord!!

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have a bed that we paid a small fortune for-- Craftmatic, I think-- that allows us to adjust the head and foot ends, and has a vibrating massage thing that I use to scare the cats once in a while. But I prefer the bed flat or near flat. We use a memory foam mattress plus another memory foam topper.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Boy, all of you sleep in luxury. No wonder I wake up achey in Fresno and never at my daughter's. My room there doesn't have a $8,000 mattress but it's a good quality one not like my cheap one at home.

Maybe I'll buy a topper but my bed is so high now if I add another layer I'll be touching the ceiling....well, almost. :)

@Ina I. Wonder , Pickles sleeps at the foot of the bed, he's not allowed up by me. I'd be washing sheets every day.

Plus I toss and turn all night and I start out right in the middle.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

I can just picture you teasing the cats, LOL!!

Ken Anderson and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

Mines an older bed, nice and firm like I said, but it was given to me:) I am grateful I can tell you because all I had was a twin that really was uncomfy. The topper really made my "now" bed, a keeper;)

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

So your a bed hog @Chrissy Page! I just had to tease you on that one.

Yes, it does require changing the sheets quite often, but he's only nine pounds, so he doesn't take up much space. And he now has taken over the chore of waking me up when my nightmares comes around. When I had pneumonia last month, during the worst part, he slept right up next to the back of my lungs. It was almost like he was try to help me. And if I'm going to have a seizure he will scratch at me until I quit whatever and sit down.

Now that Michael is gone I have learned to trust Izzy's senses, and I'm very grateful to have him.

Chrissy Cross and Denise Evans like this.
  8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

9. Denise Evans

Registered

I so miss my toney dog Ina, she was like that too, never did get over 10 lbs;) I am so glad you have Izzy. If I could find one like her I would sure take them in. I need something to love and care for. This being alone is not good, for me anyway.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

LOL, another winner from Joe!! That "foot attack zone" a definite "right on".Heaving spot, LOL!! If you mean when they get an upset tummy, it always does seem to happen very close by LOL!!

11. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Denise, with your big heart why don't you try to do some volunteer work at the local pet shelter? That way you could keep looking for that special little critter to heap your affections on, and when you do find that little one the shelter would probably wave the charges because you're a volunteer.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

yes, I could do that Ina. It's not far from me either, thank you for the suggestion:)

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Although I love animals, that's something I couldn't do. I can clean up my own dogs poop but not other dogs...I'd be gagging if it got too smelly in the shelter....and I have a strong stomach.

14. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Chrissy Page, They need dog walkers. They need foster homes for pups or other recovering pets. They even need office workers, and pet advocates at all times, especially after the holidays.

With COPD I'd be going through a couple of inhalers a week if I were to try to clean cages as well. I never seen older people doing that job.

As school ends each year, I try to encourage the teens in my family and my friends kids to try volunteering at no kill shelters, especially if they are into animals.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I didn't know that, @Ina I. Wonder ...I just assumed they put you to work cleaning cages.

I know high schoolers have to have a certain amount of community service hours nowadays. They're not easy to get either...my oldest grandson has done numerous jobs in the past 4 years to get the hours...to get into some of the Universities that he wants to he has to do about 50 more hrs than is the requirement for HS graduation so he's always looking. He's done the folding towels at the YMCA, fed the homeless, taught catechism but I don't think he's worked at an animal shelter but I don't know why.

I know he'd love that job! I'll have to ask him.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.