Odds And Ends

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Faye Fox, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Due to a friend's request, I started a Facebook account again and just had it set up, using the same avatar photo I am currently using here. I went back to check it out and invite a few friends and I got the message that my account was suspended, but I had 30 days to protest it. No reason why! I didn't post or do anything that was even close to being against their rules.

My response to why, was answered by requesting me to send a copy of my driver's license.

To hell with them and the fiber optics they came in on!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There are so many scammers nowdays who “clone” someone’s facebook account and then use the new account to try and get money from the original person’s friends, so it may be that facebook is now asking for more verification that you are the actual person and not someone making a clone account.
    If you used the same name and information as before, facebook would see that you had a previous account, which would make the new one look more suspicious to them.

I was just reading that they are going to offer what is called “verified accounts” (like Twitter does with their blue check accounts), and they will charge for it like Twitter does.
    Possibly, you can re-activate your old account and not have any problems, or maybe make a new account with a different name so facebook does not think that it is a copycat account ?

Faye Fox likes this.
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Today is the last day of my 3-year cancer parole. It has been 4 years, but after my first cancer anniversary, I was given 3 years before all the spelunking and paparazzi hullabaloo had to be repeated. I get the blood markers test and girl business exams yearly. Mamograms every 2 years.

It took me 3 months to get an appointment with our new highly qualified female cancer surgeon that sees only natural-born females. She employs only NB females because she wants her nurses and staff to have first-hand experience with female issues. No secondhand mumbo jumbo and male book learning about female issues allowed. I guess she has 5 medical degrees, gynecology, internal medicine, surgery, oncology, and pathology.

You can bring a NB female friend with you, but no males are allowed. Her nurse explained to me the reason was, she had found in her early years that if a husband or male was present in the exam room, many times the female wouldn't talk about certain things or be totally honest. She built her reputation around finding cancers and the possibility of a cancerous situation, because of her asking questions and putting women at ease to talk about anything they wanted without fear of their male partner's reaction or judgments. It gives her important focal points during her scopings.

In my case, there are 7 points of concentration, the lower throat constant inflammation, hiatal hernia, old ulcer with a blood clot, former colon surgery connection, polyps, hemorrhoids, and finally an in-depth assessment of my vaginal tract, and any indication that a pre-cancer situation has returned.

It will probably be a month before I get to go into surgery for this triple treat investigation. :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That does not sound like much fun, @Faye Fox ; but it will be good to get it out of the way and have a good report on everything and not have to be worrying and waiting for it to happen.
    By another month, we will be looking more like Spring and sunny days ahead, too.

Mary Stetler and Faye Fox like this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

That is my thinking. A good spring cleaning hahaha! The only hard part is the 24-hour cleansing. I have to be careful so I don't go into vertigo from electrolyte imbalance. Once the IV is in, I won't remember anything till I shake off the hypnotic sedation. If surgery other than the scope biopsies and polyp removal is necessary, that will be later and under full anesthesia. I have never had any after-effects from the scoping and biopsies. I expect a good report that nothing has changed and maybe some new treatment for my throat although my recently started nightly application of Voltaren is doing wonders.

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

You can always get your actual friend's phone number.
    I have yet to move into the 21st century.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Let us know how it goes today. I hope you like the new doctor; she sounds impressive.

Faye Fox likes this.
  8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Mary Stetler I have it, but her idea is that by being on Facebook I can get in on some of the groups she finds fun and also message people easier than texting. I decided I have no use for it and their denying my account as valid, was actually a good thing.

@Beth Gallagher The new doctor visit exceeded my expectations, she is very impressive and personal and even insists that her patients call her by her first name. I think she will help resolve my swallowing and choking problems. If any cancer exists, I am confident she will find it as she is thorough.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I won't elaborate about the snow falling as I type, since I whined about it on Ken;'s Ugh Snow thread. I wasn't able to capture the whipped creme Matterhorn because it melted before I could get the camera. Regardless, the hot chocolate does lift my sinking attitude due to the overcast, snow, and 26 degrees F.

No walk today! I still have my Yak Tracks on my outdoor boots so while I am set up to shove my drive, I think I will just let it melt. Donning a coat and gloves just seems like too much work. I have never seen snow this late down here by the river where it rarely snows. It is common to see snow even into April on the passes but not down here in the banana belt. It sure dampens any early gardening enthusiasm.

Who can guess the company that made this mug?
    hc ff.jpg

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

It looks a bit like Fiesta but I can't tell about the handle. I love the color.

Yvonne Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

It is Fiesta. The color is a rosy lavender. I bought a few pieces of that color at the Bon Marche years ago and when I went back to get more, the color had been discontinued. Of course, it is my favorite color.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

In all my born days, I have never had as much trouble making brownies as I did this morning. I decided to use chocolate syrup in addition to the eggs, oil, and water. I thought I had my hands clean of it, but I just spent 15 minutes cleaning chocolate smears all over my kitchen.

The addition, I used what was left of my mascarpone cheese instead of adding cream cheese. It was a waste, as it added nothing to the flavor and furthered the mess I had going.

Another cold overcast day. I am trying to find the energy for doing laundry.

13. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I was thinking of starting to limit my time on SOC and then it goes down. I was OK for the first day but then the desperation set in. I was finally able to set up a new Facebook account that wasn't suspended. I had to use a new email and a photo I haven't used before on FB in order to do it.

I did it solely so I could chat on the SOC Facebook page as that helped with my withdrawal symptoms. I finally took the time to watch the entire 6 weeks of the Murdaugh trail on Fox Nation and then yesterday viewed all the Nancy Grace commentaries about this trail. I found myself wrapped up in this trial while checking FB for SOC updates.

Once Ken posted the host company name, I became Nancy Drew and checked out their site just to see a chat box pop up with some guy that had an East Indian name. He asked if he could be of assistance. I replied "damn tooting" and proceeded to present my hearsay case of his company's failures to respond to our esteemed admin and the effect this travesty was having on the senior community, especially the elderly.

Yvonne was already on it and handled herself with kindness and poise.

He assured me that a ticket had been submitted to the technical admins, because of Yvonne's inquiry, and they were on it.

I thanked him and said that was good because my patience with such disregard for seniors' concerns was growing thin and I would hate to have to take more drastic measures such as advising our admin to find a new host. I didn't bother to tell him I was a nobody.

Looking back, I think the Murdaugh trial was making me a bit edgy and intolerant of slackers and the indifference of call or chat centers where the person that you chat with is in a big center that contracts with various companies, and gets paid by how many calls or chats they process in a shift.

With that realization, I knew he was sincere when he said, "Please chat again if there were any more concerns. He would be glad to help."

I didn't submit a third chat as I realized my lack of patience and hostile approach might jinx the entire process. :(

14. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, something finally got them moving, and here we are.
    Thank you, Ken, Yvonne and Fay.

15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm thirsty! I shall not drink, I shan't.

Just three more parched hours before I darken the doors of the department of radiation where after a repeat interrogation of info, they already have on record, I will quench my thirst with a barium cocktail reminiscent of common chalk. Then I will be asked to assume all kinds of positions, one sounding a bit rude. I don't see where bending face down over a tilted table with a gown that opens in the back and will no doubt fall open, has anything to do with the nuclear-powered video documentary of my throat and stomach.

My new doctor, well versed in all things female, has assured me that this is a necessary test and in conjunction with the invasive scope procedures to follow later this month, will help her make a decision on what can be done to improve my constant coughing, swallowing, and mucous problems. It will also help rule out cancer.

Being somewhat leery of a test like this esophagram test since it requires a bare-butted position with the documenting technician behind, I researched my new doctor and found she has no connection to Ghislaine Noelle Marion Maxwell, so I prepare myself for an exciting morning.

Just 5 AM and I am already having coffee deprivation symptoms. I repeat to myself that this is nothing compared to the prep for the double spelunking planned later this month. It would be nice to get my esophagus problem fixed, but the main reason I submit to this test is to hear the beautiful words that step two in my 3-year cancer evaluation says that I am cancer free. Step one, the blood markers, were great.

My mouth is dry and my stomach is growling.

I will not eat or drink, I shan't.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023