Obama’s Appalling Un Betrayal

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Frank Sanoica, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

In All the news they are saying the Israel is the only Democratic country in the Middle East. What do you call Democratic when the people vote for their leader ship Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Algeria, and even Iraq was forced have an election and how did that turn out. The scream about democracy and even the U.S. is not a democracy. The government news media love putting out the only democracy in the middle east is Israel they should be saying the only one we recognize and stop being hypocrites.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Israel treats women and Christians way better than most of the ME countries though. I don't think Israel lops off very many heads, or stones anyone.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think Russia voted against them in the UN.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Ike I don’t think that is a government policy but an religious group It was very safe to go to Egypt , Syria before all this try to over throw their governments and most of the beheading now is from the U.S backed ISIS.
    Israel is no angel Ethiopian Jew moving to Israel were forced them to take the controversial Depo-Provera birth control vaccination without explaining the severe side effects of birth control and possible sterilization

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It's more than simply having a privilage to vote but the larger question of how free the people are living in those countries.
    Israel and Tunisia are the only two middle eastern countries listed as being "free" whereas the rest are under a classification of less free and Not. One of the criteria of course is how tolerant a country is to religious liberty which does in a large way determine a country's ability to recognize all people's ideology regarding faith.
    Certainly, Sharia law mixed with tribal or caste beliefs have everything to do with determining how much freedom a person has.
    Although the countries like Lebanon, Egypt, Syria and others allow their people a form of democracy in that they can vote they still fall short on being a republic as is the United States and more often than not the "vote" that is allowed is no more than a dog and pony show.

6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

They did indeed! What is frustrating about it to me is that Russia has already said they will gladly help Israel out with any arms problems then turned around and voted against them.
    Gingrich apparently unloaded on Russia because they illegally took over Crimea and then voted against Israel.
    Go figure................

7. Martin Alonzo

Registered

This resolution has been raised many times and 66 times Israel has ignores it. When it gets brought up again knowing it will be ignored the Israelis get upset that big brother U.S. did not jump it this time.

There is another major area, largely ignored, that at some point must be faced. It involves the serious distortion of the official Security Council record by the profligate use by the United States of its veto power. In 29 separate cases between 1972 and 1991, the United States has vetoed resolutions critical of Israel. Except for the U.S. veto, these resolutions would have passed and the total number of resolutions against Israel would now equal 95 instead of 66.

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole @Martin Alonzo

How deeply affected is Israel by U.N. resolutions against it which are passed? I fail to understand. These are not embargos, or limitations of some kind, are they? Israel's ignoring of resolutions results in exactly what?
    Frank

Bobby Cole and Martin Alonzo like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Good Morning Frank! How's it going guy? ..............Oh yeah, the question at hand.
    Thus far, Palestine is not a recognized country with bonafide borders. The U.N. recognized state of Israel says that Palestine, a territory, is encroaching upon it's declared borders. It's a stretch but it's kinda sorta like the deal with the Mexican American war. A bunch of land (American declared territories) that the U.S. said belongs to us and a country that said nope, it's ours and we"ll burn down anything that the U.S. builds on it.
    Like I said, it's a stretch but it works for me.

The failings of Palestine to become their own nation include the fact that they: 1. use the monetary system of Israel, the shekel. 2. Have no educational nor health system of their own. 3. Have no manufacturing system although they do have some exported AG products. 4. A militia is not considered a military although they've been waging a pretty good war against Israel.
    Note: Palestine IS a member of the U.N. with the largest presence but they still lack the criteria to become a working member instead of an "onlooking" member.

So, pretty much it's one bonafide country's declaration of it's borders against a territory with no real recognized borders and some other countries that dispute the legal existence of the bonafide country and another, totally unassociated bunch of countries called the U.N. trying to lord over the whole pile especially the two primary factions in whom, the majority of the U.N. has no real interest in but voted anyway.

And now, we have Jimmy Carter telling the king of the world, Obama that he needs to declare Palestine as a country even though it has no defined borders.

Hmm......Ya might want to wait til later and have a couple of belts. It'll be clear as a bell after that because right now it reads like the ramblings of an old telephone operator reporting the gosssip coming from a three party system.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Frank Sanoica and Martin Alonzo like this.
  10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Israel will not abide by any UN degrees and never have so what are they screaming about. It basically a non issue

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

To me, it's about that instead of the U.N. trying to bring the two factions together to form an agreement, they opted with one side without any real regard to what is at stake. The conglomerate is working like a biased umpire at a baseball game but unfortunately there are lives at stake here and not just a ball game.

The part that angers me is that if Obama decided not to have a say in the matter then why did our vice president and other heavy hitters from the U.S. (and the president) decide to do the cloak a dagger thing with other countries who did wish to weigh in?

12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Trump is going to defund the UN and that should stop the old mens club

13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Although I would love it if he did, I don't expect it. I would love to be wrong about that.

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

If he does do that I wouldn't expect it for a couple of years down the pike. I don't think Trump will be advised to ruffle too many international feathers until he gets a better grip on the whole picture even though he may wish to do just that if only for economic reasons.

What I can see him doing right from the gate is what he is already doing and that is warning the U.N. of the possibility of a pull out.
    Now, if what the conspiracy theorists and soothe sayers are predicting is true, Obama will make a run for a position at the U.N. and that, I believe, will be all that the new president needs to pull the U.S out of that confused body of idiots.