O J Simpson’s First Twitter Post

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Beth Gallagher, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

'I’ve got a little getting even to do.' FULL ARTICLE
    O.J. Simpson now has his own official Twitter account, @TheRealOJ32. And according to his first post – a 22-second video that has been viewed almost 2 million times in eight hours – Simpson declares with a smile that “I’ve got a little getting even to do.” The video accompanied a tweet that said only “Coming soon!!!”

Seriously. The gall of this man.

Marie Mallery and Bess Barber like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno Beth. Getting even to do, catching up to do. He might have meant the latter but until I see or hear something that has gone amiss, I’ll give him the benefit of my doubts on what “getting even to do” means.

Marie Mallery and Frank Sanoica like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

His performance in "Capricorn One" was splendid. His treatment of the crooked politician played by Hal Holbrook was perfectly done. Premise was, a failed space venture was going to be faked, to avoid our government losing face. Holbrook told the 3 Astronauts they will have to stage a fake display.......O. J. balked at the idea. Holbrook convincingly said, "You HAVE to do it. Think of your family......", whereupon O. J. violently grabbed Holbrook by his lapels, demanding, "You bastard! What have you done to my family?"

Memorable film, one of only a few I remember so vividly. Of course, O. J. went on to become a rather dubious character in real life.......

Frank

4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Performance?? Yes. A murderer.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Patsy Faye and Frank Sanoica like this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Mebbe he plans to trim his hedges?
    [​IMG]

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Beth Gallagher
    I have never questioned the integrity of your statements and opinions, have I? Now, I must ask how my remarking on O. J. 's performance in a motion picture film might be transferred by inference to his "performance" in life? I never said anything about that.
    Frank

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Oh, settle down, Frank. I wasn't questioning your integrity. I was simply expressing my disdain at OJ Simpson. I'm still appalled that he got away with murder, at least in criminal court.

8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Its a pity people give him the time of day - he should be shunned

9. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Beth Gallagher
    I might point out that he was acquitted of murder:

"In 1994, Simpson was arrested and charged with the murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ron Goldman. He was acquitted by a jury after a lengthy and internationally publicized trial."

In our minds, we may suspect that he was wrongfully acquitted, and was and is guilty......but for all other considerations, he is not guilty of murder.

Frank

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Like I said, he got away with murder. Though the outcome of the civil trial found him responsible for the murders...

The jury in the civil trial awarded Brown and Simpson's children, Sydney and Justin (Brown's only children), $12.6 million from their father as recipients of their mother's estate.[8] The victims' families were awarded $33.5 million in compensatory and punitive damages, thereby finding Simpson "responsible" for the respective murders.[115] In 2008, a Los Angeles superior court approved the plaintiffs' renewal application on the civil court judgment against Simpson.

11. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

What surprised me @Beth Gallagher is that there are actually 2 million people out there who give a crap what he tweets.

12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

You can never go wrong by underestimating the intelligence of some

Bess Barber likes this.
  13. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm going to jump in here as this issue is being brought up again on another group. For me, I never came to a black or white conclusion on this, I have always lived with doubt as to he is truly guilty.

I do pendulum work and have been using it for 20 yrs or so and Never questioned the OJ case with my pendulum,,,,but I just did. I trust the Pendulum and times I don't.

So asking RoseAnn (my pendulum's name) if OJ killed Nicole and Ron Goldman, I got about a minute of quivering of the chain as it was working on a decision and then I got a No strong swing, that he did not....

So now there is some more stuff to think on, but I don't dwell on OJ's life. Just more doubt on the decision.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Your pendulum?? I guess I should consult my Magic 8 Ball on this important topic. :D:D:D

Tommy Gunne and Faye Fox like this.
  15. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Be my guest Beth, why not...I never bought that toy...