Nyc Has Lost Almost $60 Million As Tax Credits To Dead Seniors

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Amie Ar, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    NYC Dead seniors got lucky having received almost $60 million as tax credits from the year 2011 to 2017. The thing is dead seniors are no longer around to enjoy them. NYC Comptroller Scott Stringer upon his audit has found out that the Dept. of Finance have erroneously offered tax credits to seniors who are property owners of one-, two- or three-family home, condo or co-op apartment in the city whose household income were below $37,400 and whose home are said to be a primary residence as requirement to qualify, according to the audit. Now, the Finance Department was ordered to try to recover “all erroneous tax exemptions that were applied to ineligible homeowners.

But to whom will they recover those lost tax credits if the property owner seniors are long gone? Whom you gonna call? Ghostbusters??? :eek::p

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Amie Ar For a variety of reasons I will not go into, NYC has always been near the top of my list of least-desirable places, competing with Chicago (my birthplace) for top honors.
    Frank

3. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

Don't worry Frank,I ain't goin' anywhere. At this point, I have no plans yet of going in any US state except California where some of my relatives are currently living.

Frank Sanoica likes this.