Nutri Ninja, Auto I Q Blender... My New Toy!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Yvonne Smith, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I know ....... I am a nut about blenders, and I just can’t seem to help it. Oh, well, there could be worse things to be passionate about, health is a GOOD thing !
    Anyway, I found this one on sale (refurbished) on Amazon, and it just arrived today. It has several different sizes of blending cups, and the important thing, is that it is designed specifically for blending smoothies made with greens, fruit, and veggies.
    The auto-IQ function means that it goes through a pre-set pattern to make sure that everything is thoroughly blended before it stops automatically.
    Robin has had this same blender for a couple of years now, and she said she really enjoys hers; so when I found this on sale for less than half price, I grabbed it.
    I just got it, haven’t even tried it out yet; but am reading the manual now, and will be making something with it very soon, just to see how it works.

C9A4F2BF-727D-4FC6-9FC6-99B2CAD7FA50.jpeg

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Blenders - My Heart's Desire - Fantastic Uptempo Doo Wop

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Battle of the blenders......
    [​IMG]

The winner is......

[​IMG]

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I feel your excitement Yvonne - isn't it just grand when everything 'blends' so well :)

Joe Riley and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have been using the new blender, and so far, I really like it ! This size is perfect for making a one-person size green smoothie, and it has several different size of containers, depending on how much you want to make.
    I read Victoria Boutenko’s book, Green for Life, several years ago, and she totally explains all of the nutrition benefits of greens, and for a while, i was having my smoothies every day, and then I just kind of got out of the habit of making them.

When I started using the Vitamix , it does a superb job of blending; but the container is about 48 oz, and I was making way more than I was drinking, and Bobby (of course) won’t touch the stuff, and I ended up letting some of it sit in the refrigerator and then throwing it away, or putting it on the plants outside as compost.
    Now, I want to start making more green smoothies again, and making the smaller size and drinking them right away.
    I know how healthy they are, and I do feel great when I am getting all of those extra vitamins and minerals from the greens, but even when I eat a large salad each day, I still do not get all of the nutrition from the greens like you can get from the smoothies, because they break down the cell walls of the plant so we can digest it better.

Patsy Faye and Joe Riley like this.