Now, The Reconcile

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Frank Sanoica, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Today, my wife got her 1095-A IRS form. It lists the monies paid during 2016 to Insurors as Premiums for her Obamacare. Her total premium payments were just under $9,000. Her monthly payments were ZERO DOLLARS. Thus, some insurance company got richer by $9,000, since she had not a single penny applied for health-care purposes, keep in mind she paid NOTHING. That, and it only went to November 30; on December 1, she went on Medicare. 11 months covered.

Now, I must prepare an IRS tax return (otherwise not needed) because her 2016 healthcare was under "Obamacare". It will determine whether we OWE money, or will get money BACK. First year, IRS demanded $600, though my calculations showed they owed US money. Second year, 2015, my figures showed we should get $600 from IRS; they claimed "errors", sent us $147.

Multiply the $9,000 sent to Insurors by the tens of millions similarly enrolled, get an idea of the cost to the tyaxpayers. Obamacare's GOTTA GO. Replaced maybe, MAYBE, by something akin to Canada's system.

Thankfully, during December, she turned 65, became entitled to Medicare, and escaped Obamacare.
    Frank

Joe Riley likes this.