Not Thinking Or Just Don't Care?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, May 14, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have met some kids who are almost scaringly smart, and I know kids who are very well behaved. Then again, I have come across those who are neither. To me, the majority seem to be on the latter end of the scale, but I don't come across that many kids anymore, and my experience may relate to where I live. Since the mill closed in Millinocket, the town is a mixture of retired people who have no children, and families who have come here for Section 8 housing, and these are the ones with the children, for the most part. People with families have had to leave Millinocket to find work elsewhere and, with so many empty houses, a lot of them are renting their houses out a Section 8 housing. So the state sends people who are unemployed to Millinocket, where they can be assured of remaining unemployed, and their kids are the ones that I come across more than any others.

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  2. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Mind you, Cody, these are, of course, not my words but they are commonly attributed to a guy who lived 2400 years ago. They seem to have made similar observations.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Heck, I thought my step-parents were strict, until I went to Basic Training for the Navy and reported to my first ship. However, there are those in the younger generation that have been informed at how Basic and military life can be and say "absolutely not" for them. Have not run into one person in the military, Navy here, that hasn't been totally respectful towards me with "yes sir" and "no sir". It's so nice to hear them talk this way.

4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Both. Attitudes vary. Some things it's hard to think through;
    Others feel, "Who are you that I should care?" I come down
    on the side of 'whichever'.