No Sports Forum?

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Frank Sanoica, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife secured 3 free nights at the Edgewater, buffet-style meals included, while seeing the NCAA (?) basketball games today, and Monday, with Sunday a "free-bee" day. We just wound up the trouncing of Oklahoma by Villanova, it was 64-41 with 13 minutes left when we cut out for The Tropicana across the street, where she has $15 free play. They mail a calendar every month, showing free play days, and if she's cautious, all we spend if dough for the gas to get here.

The "house"premise, is, of course, that all these free-bees result in good returns in the form of gambling revenues. We, instead, take avantage of the 3-mile riverwalk, exercise which we need, and allow the house to absorb the cost otherwise incurred at home: water, electricity, etc. Pretty good deal, for us old scroungers!

We hope to see and meet at least one SOF member one day here in Laughlin, Linda that would be. She enjoys reminiscing about the days when she vacationed here, about 15 years ago. Frank

@Linda Binning

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  2. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Houston rolled out the red carpet this weekend for the Final Four. It's been a busy time here, and the weather cooperated nicely.. Concerts were over-flowing to the point that the fire marshall had to step in and halt the crowds.

And yes, we really need a place to talk sports.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

All I'll add to sports is...GO BEARS, CUBS, and 49ers, maybe lastly Steelers. :)

But I'm sure there will be an interest in Sports. My limit is being at my daughters house when the 49ers are playing on a Sunday and I have to listen to 3 males yelling at the TV! :)