Nineteen Dollars Per Month!

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Sheldon Scott, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

There is a conspiracy among many so called charities that we should all give $19 per month. Whether its for hungry or abused children or animals, veterans or whatever they all want us to give $119 per month. It sure seems strange that all of these organizations have come up with the same figure. Why not $15 or $20? Or better yet just let people decide what they want to give? I think I'll just keep my money local and give at my discretion.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Im like you, I dont trust any charities anymore after always reading about how little goes to the actual cause or needy person.

Im also a very generous and compassionate person so I do what I can in my own way and locally.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

BUT WAIT!! That isn't all! You too, it you're one of the first to call, will finance the food for NOT ONE, but TWO Indonesian orphans for the unbelievable price of just $19.99 a month. Yes, you heard it right, just $19.99 a month. Hurry now and be the first to call, 1-888-888-bull. That's 1-888-888-bull. Offers like this may not last so hurry..............1-888-888-bull.

I have often wondered, when in the case of a family of 4, if I helped feed and educate the little girl with the tears and smudged face in the picture, does the rest of the family just sit around and watch her eat and do her homework?

There really are organizations that really do help, unlike the Clinton Foundation, and I do encourage people to be smart about who and why they are parting with their money. Your local mission might be a good start.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't know if it's true for all, but I asked about that once. It was one of the international feed the children organizations, one that would send photos of the child you were supposed adopt. The answer was that the money goes to improve the entire neighborhood, rather than to any specific child, which seemed a little shady to me, particularly since the entire neighborhood probably included the local criminals who would take the food and sell it to hungry people at a profit.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I had four children and I adopted one child for each of my children, from one of the "feed the children" programs. Then when four letters arrived to us from "each of our adopted children" they were all handwritten by the interpreter (of course) but with identical words, exactly, same story word for word. They were seemingly so personalized until you read all of them. "Today I went out into the field and gathered enough food and brought it back to my village. My sister did this and my brother did that. Then I went to school and yada yada"…all letters the same story but the names and pics of the children were different. I understood that it takes too much time and resources to send individualized letters to their supporters but then why not just say that? Why make everyone think that each child told their personal story to an interpreter? I didn't feel it was a good lesson for my children to learn about charity.

6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

From what I understand, that 9 as the last digit of a number is deceiving. I remember in my younger days when my mother would bring us to downtown for our Christmas shopping, shoes would always cost 9.99 or 19.99 and some items are 4.99 or 5.99. All figures are ending in 9 and the only explanation, as per one store manager at the time, is that the 9 gives a smaller figure. People have the nature of mentally computing so an item costing 2.99 is definitely cheaper than one costing 3.00 although the difference is just one cent.

But with charity, I agree that the amount does not matter. It is the volition, the heart of the giver that matters.

7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

All these charities are business out of all the money collected they take any where from 50-90% to run the charity