News Sources No One Single Source As To What's Going On

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Lon Tanner, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I watch them all---CNN, Fox, ABC.NBC, CBS etc, and it's all He Said, She said.They said. He lied,She lied, They lied, They all lied. Do you know what's really going on? I sure as hell don't. Am I the only one that feels he is living in a News Vacum? I read all the editorials too and they are not much better.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

By definition only I guess we could say that we are actually getting too much information but my problem (and I am sure yours too @Lon Tanner) is that the news can only be informative to someone whose mental capabilities are comparable with that of a 6 year old.
    It’s all sandbox stuff complete with “he hit me first” and na-nana-na-na’s and they stold my ball.

I have to learn something on a fairly grand scale each and every day but there isn’t enough meat in today’s news to feed a brain the size of an ant.
    The news is busted, I’m discusted ‘cause it can’t be trusted.

Sorry, that’s the best I can do under the circumstance. As a gentleman and a Christian I feel that writing how I REALLY feel would be inappropriate and possibly ban worthy.

3. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

I miss the days when reporting was just exactly that.

Those people got in front of the TV camera or behind their typewriter and simply reported what happened.

Unlike today where they tell us how they feel or how their boss or company feels or even worse .. tell us in a way that leaves out half of what really happened or was said.

It used to be that reporters were not permitted to have an opinion while working .. they were simply a vehicle for informing the people of our country of events we could not see or hear for ourselves.

"Breaking News" is a joke these days .. everything has turned into "Breaking News"

That term used to be saved for a true emergency or item of importance.

Trying to keep up with the "news" is an exhausting and never ending job for the consumer who wants to be informed and not led by nose. Just about the time you feel that you have enough to go on - there is suddenly more "Breaking News" !

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Most of the news stories are scripted and sent to all of the different news media, and you can tell that we hear the exact same words from every source, whether on the television or in the newspapers or even magazines.
    Probably the biggest part of the problem is that only six gigantic corporations own ALL of the news media, so everything that is put forth is controlled by these companies.

2F66C1B6-1475-48ED-B469-7D66EA53F6EA.jpeg

5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Well Bobby----As a Gentleman & Non Christian-----I agree with you.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Don't forget Sinclair Broadcast Group

"Sinclair Broadcast Group is the largest owner of television stations in the United States, currently owning or operating a total of 193 outlets across the country in nearly 80 markets, ranging from markets as large as Washington, D.C. to as small as Steubenville, Ohio."

Sinclair is a conservative media group.

Chris Ladewig likes this.
  7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The main street news all have the same script and all say the exact words. They all lie in unison but we have the answer it is the internet. The news does not want to tell you what is happening in France but we can go online and in minuets be there. The media has a narrative or agenda and it has nothing to do with truth. Like they will tell you the polar bears will be extinct because of global warming but with the internet you can go and see the polar bears are increasing. They don't want you to check for yourself and find the truth just take our word.

Maggie Mae likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The media is too involved with pushing an agenda to report the news as it really is. Plus, they pretty much only report what is fed to them by self-interested people, political parties, and organizations, which is why we have multiple media reporting the same propaganda, using the same verbiage. The 24-hour news cycle consists of repeating the same half-hour of news over and over again for twenty-four hours.

9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Ken Anderson that was brought to the forefront during the "gravitas" reporting of the Bush 43 Administration. Every news outlet in the country started using the would "gravitas" as a pejorative term referring to G.W. as lacking it at the same time, almost the same hour. It had to have been fed to them from some central source. I'm sure that feeding propaganda was done before that and since, but I remember that as being a telling moment in what is now referred to as Fake News.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

The MSM has reached a point where it is just downhill from here and they do not want to change direction. If you are wearing a MAGA hat you seem to be public enemy number one. You are guilty of all unspeakable crimes and when proven wrong the media is silent. They have to be sued to admit they were wrong and the next day they do it again. There was just an incident where a black guy man claimed he was beat and had acid thrown on him by white men yelling Maga country. The news media ran with that condemning every white person any Trump supporter after condemning all these people when the truth came out that it was a fraud no apology from the media just move on to the next news that could be turned into an anti-Trump.

Emma Smith likes this.
  11. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

@Martin Alonzo: There was just an incident where a black guy man claimed he was beat and had acid thrown on him by white men yelling Mega country.

The most unbelievable story in a while. He also said they hung a noose around his neck in his first account. (Both men in the surveillance video had been on the set of his tv show.)
    Throwing bleach on him, hanging a noose around his neck and shouting he's in MAGA country (Make American Great Again) .
    Too many props and messages for a street mugging.
    He covered everything that would rile people up and get the longest sentence possible.

The news is getting less credible and more biased by the day.
    The network that I watch for World News no longer says someone died or was killed.
    Each and every time, "They did not survive." Not a lack of honesty, but why can't they be direct.

On CBS, yesterday morning, the news announcer deliberately talked over Trump.
    He didn't mute him but talked louder while the President was still talking for at least a few sentences..
    People don't mind making fools of themselves.
    No amount of approval makes bad behavior any less bad.
    Children are watching and learning.

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The “almost” rest of the story is that the two guys who were arrested are black and one of them works with the TV star.
    And, just as a correction, he said he had “bleach” thrown on him, not acid but either way, it is doubtful if any liquid at all was poured on him. At freezing temperatures, the liquid should have frozen on his person but there wasn’t any evidence of that in the initial investigation into the incident.

His whole story is getting him into more trouble than he dreamed it would have. No bleach, no hangman’s noose, no MAGA and no white guys = a big publicity stunt and a very, very bad liar.

Martin Alonzo and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole ..., just as a correction, he said he had “bleach” thrown on him, not acid but either way, it is doubtful if any liquid at all was poured on him.

I didn't alter the quote, but I wrote "bleach" in my comment.
    Don't know, but it seems there would be traceable amounts of bleach or any other potent chemical, if it touches fabric ,even if it froze immediately.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Martin Alonzo

Registered

It was me that incorrectly put acid and not bleach I seen the mistake later but unable to edit. Mark this on up to me.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Bobby Cole likes this.