News Source

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

You really need to check the fact checkers because they play games of miss direction and changing information so they can debunk the information they added and not the real information. I remember on of Hillary Clintons debates after the debate she became furious and said “if that F__king bastard wins we will all hang by a noose’ I put that in a Google search and snoops pop up saying it was false so I when to snoops to learn. Snoops said Hillary did not say that ‘fascist F__k’ and snoops was right but did not talk about what she really did say. If you only seen that snoops debunked it and go no further you are being lie to by the fact checkers.
    These so called fact checkers try and discredit the sources and not the fact and then change even slightly what was originally said to discredit it.
    Fact Check: Polio Vaccines, Tetanus Vaccines, and the Gates Foundation

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I had a post declared a lie because the bridge was identified as a bridge in NY when it was in Washington. But the facts related in the picture were real. The fact checkers are a bunch of phonies who will find a small discrepancy and make the whole piece false.

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

They all lie , hide and cover- up ....
    :). We must have to decode it all and come to our own conclusions.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, they are all run by people or media outlets that want to be able to decide what you should believe. After coming across a Snopes one that tagged an accusation against Obama as FALSE because Obama denied it, and that being the only justification for labeling it as false, I'm not gullible enough to fall for that nonsense. There are some that are more reliable than Snopes, but they're all biased.

5. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

There are extremely fast checkers in our Stater Bros. supermarket.

Hal

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  6. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Everyone is using Wikipedia as gospel so I got curious of where this information comes from that everyone uses. At one time we used the news media as gospel and slowly we learn they cannot be trusted. If you ask any country, group, any religion, about themselves you will get a slanted answer. That should be expected. So when I searched who started Wikipedia the only results that would come up was from Wikipedia no I do not want a slanted view. So their funding comes from Wikipedia foundation which is a non profit foundation. Who are the trusties for the foundation and you get a small list of names type who is ____ name and the only information is they are a trustee of Wikipedia. It is like running around in circles to find an answer. Who puts in articles and who edits that is left up to people and one of the biggest editors is a person who is a far left radical. Every bit of information that you want comes from wiki-pedia. We all clamor for valid information and finding it gets harder and harder. You went to school for information and now university students cannot find a country on a global map but can tell you all 95 genders. They try had to put down anyone who thinks outside of the box that they made.

7. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Who do you trust as giving unbiased and valid information? Just curious.

8. Martin Alonzo

Registered

i don't trust anyone and try hard to see both sides of any thing that comes out. Than step back and see which makes more sense to me. And even after that I might change my mind as new information comes out. To put all your faith in one source is scary. How many times has the media told us on thing and only to find out after is was all a lie.

Hedi Mitchell and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

I do the same. Who relies just on one source? I don't.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Hedi Mitchell and Martin Alonzo like this.
  10. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I rely on Fox News.

Hal

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

This is what I do , too, and even so; I am sure we do not ever get to the whole truth about what is on the news. I actually prefer getting most of my news from social media , (Facebook and Twitter), after I learned how they work, and that there is a lot more actual facts to be found there, than on any other news source.
    For a long time, all I did was connect with my friends and family on Facebook, just to share stories and pictures with everyone there. Then, I discovered Facebook has news groups, and i started joining some of the groups, and found that i was learning a whole lot more that way.

I had a Twitter account, but ignored it for probably 2 years, until I decided that if President Trump was talking to the nation from Twitter, I wanted to hear what he actually said, and not what biased news networks reported about him; so then I started following President Trump on Twitter.
    After that, I followed some of the other people that I thought had good information, like Dan Bongino, Rush Limbaugh, Breitbart, John B.Wells, and many others.

Bobby Cole and Martin Alonzo like this.
  12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Nazi propaganda minster
    ScreenShot_20200712155436.png

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Martin Alonzo

Registered

This one should make you laugh about fact checkers miss information.
    Trump followers are selling T shirts with an out stretched eagle on it . The Lincoln project claims they are selling Nazi material because the Nazi used the out stretched eagle.
    Fact Checker said it was true. After you read the fact check you will find that the fact checker did not check the claim, but said it was true they said it. What a bunch of double talk. The American eagle has been an American emblem before the Nazi exist.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Her is a news source that just gives you an over all picture of what is going on daily. And from that you can search for the story if you wished.

Weekend of July 11/ 12 2020 News Blast

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Interesting ! This person is also on Twitter, and I read their tweets everyday, but this is the first time that I knew that there was also a YouTube channel.
    Thank you for sharing this, @Martin Alonzo !