New York Police Department Cops Don't Lift A Finger As 11-year-old Is Beaten In Broad Daylight

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

-- New York Post

We're going to see more of this, I think, as police departments are defunded and the remaining police officers are made to be afraid to intervene, and as veteran police officers get out while they can.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I was recently reading that a large number of Milwaukee's PD has applied for disability retirement due to PTSD. What do people expect... you can't have it both ways. Either the police are allowed to do their jobs or things are going to get a lot uglier.

And... what would the headlines be if the evil cops had interfered with "the girls?" :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Just don't disarm us.

Ken Anderson and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I think the same thing is happening in Chicago with their high homicide rate. Why bother going in those neighborhoods? Screw 'em, let them all kill each other.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

It is sad for children being caught up in the mess, but I don't know what the answer is.

Mary Robi likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Believe it or not, there were folks in Jacksonville, FL that felt the same way about how law enforcement should handle areas where there was a lot of black-on-black crime.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I just read today where the first black/woman Chief of Police in Seattle has retired. IOW, she's had enough! Getting rid of officers and defunding the Department.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

In a climate where a cop may have to make a decision in a split second, yet be aware that he is going to be considered guilty until proven innocent and, even then he may be treated as if he were guilty, I can't imagine why anyone would stay on the job these days.

Meanwhile, the people behind most of this nonsense can afford to hire armed security to protect them and theirs or, in the case of some of the city council members who are voting to defund the police, the taxpayers pay for their own armed security.

For the most part, these are the same people who don't want you to be able to own a gun to protect yourself, either.

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

If I worked as an officer in a big major city, I'd definitely give it serious consideration of quitting and find another job in law enforcement in a small town. I'd also check out the demographics of any area I'd consider working in. Here, where we live, we don't have the race problems that some bigger areas, like Denver, Colorado Springs and Pueblo can have.

Ken Anderson likes this.