New Things You've Tried And Love

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Babs Hunt, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Janice Martin Who makes the orange cream flavor? That sounds like it might taste like my old "dreamsicles" ice cream. :)

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Well @Frank Sanoica I silently gag whenever someone mentions liver or green peas and if someone is cooking either one of those things in my presence...my "gag" is no longer silent! :p

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Yes, that's kind of what it resembles. Yoplait makes it, but I like the local store brands even better.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I definitely am going to have to look for that flavor next time I'm grocery shopping. :)

5. I silently gag when anybody uses the word p---. The polite word, Frank, is 'vomit.' or even 'barf.' :p

Frank Sanoica and Babs Hunt like this.
  6. If you like orange creamsicles, you'll like it :)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I think Sears used to sell by the pound candy called Hay Stacks @Yvonne Smith they were piles of coconut with melted chocolate drizzled over it and then allowed to harden. I always ate way to many of those things.:p

8. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh Yes, Kristina, I love Wylers Peach Ice Tea Mixes. Dollar General used to carry the large size now you can only get the individuals serving size packets, but the flavor is awesome. I was drinking that all last summer. Peach Ice Tea is probably my favorite beverage. I might make it at home if I knew what to season it with. It wouldn't be worth it to buy peaches..just for the tea.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In a guys world you do make sense in some ways @Frank Sanoica, but I think that you have gained the ire of two ladies for which there is no "weaseling" out.
    A man proposing ANY ideas to ladies about diet other than a complete agreement is bound to gather a bit of tar and a feather or two.
    Do not worry though, we guys are with you but are standing away about 10 feet but handy with the phone in case EMS needs to be called. Oh yeah, @Ken Anderson was an EMS tech and teacher. Best call him to be on alert status. Uh.....what blood type are you?

Yvonne Smith and Frank Sanoica like this.
  10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt Peas and liver! Sounds like a reasonable combination, though I've never had them together! I wonder why two such disparate things are repulsive to you? Frank

Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  11. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Janice Martin I think the most appropriate word describing the condition depends on whether the victim of gastric malfunction burps or belches afterward.........:(
    Frank

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  12. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Bobby Cole Ha! Your apprisal is flawlessly sound, beyond a doubt! I have known a few guys who could talk their way out of a paper bag, when needed; I never could, though. That tiniest of font does not go unread, I see. Errr.......it's "O-Positive", BTW: I can bleed for anyone's benefit, but can only accept my own........
    Frank

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know the answer to that. I really like almost everything food wise. But for some reason just the thought and smell of those two things gag me. My mom and dad would make me sit at the table until I ate my peas when my mom fixed them...but I sat at that table for hours sometimes...until they realized I just could not eat them and stopped trying to make me.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Babs Hunt

Well, you have explained, IMO, why the peas carry a lasting repulsion, but the liver.......?
    Frank

15. Maybe because liver is disgusting? at least the sight of it when it's raw. :eek: