New Star Wars Movie... Can't Wait!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, The Force Awakens is on it's way here. December 18th. I read quite a bit about the movie and now understand much more what it's about. I have the six other movies, some figurines, medium size cast-iron replicas of the Star Destroyer, Vader's Tie Fighter, the Millennium Falcon and the X-Wing Fighter plus numerous photos/posters from A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Jeti.

It great to see Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, a cameo of Mark Hamill, Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) and the Droids back.

In the next day or two, we will be going to our local theater,that has a 3-D screen, and getting presale tickets. This is one movie we don't want to miss. And, in 3-D, WOW!!

I was 27 years old when A New Hope came out. I remember walking into the theater and seeing this humongous space ship/Star Destroyer come over the screen.

Joe Riley and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I never have gotten into Star Wars. I wasn't even a fan of Star Trek, for that matter. I think I saw the first Star Wars movie, and parts of another but I wasn't following the story closely. My wife tells me I'd like it, but I don't know; I wasn't drawn to it.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm also not a fan of Star Wars although I had seen the first 2 episodes. That was a long time ago and I seem to have forgotten the story already and all I remember is Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker and his robots. However, we think it is worth waiting for that upcoming movie just for the sentimental value of it. Imagine Luke is now in his old age and still at it. Maybe it would be like reminiscing my younger days when I see that movie. The trailer said it is to be shown here in December.

4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I was a big fan for the first two movies and for some reason I lost interest in the other movies. I am a very big fan of Star Trek; When my girls were young they would turn their eyes up when the show came on after awhile the whole family became fans. We like to have family movie night we often look at one of the Trekkie movies on the large screen in the family room. I have not seen a Star War's movie in some time, I may see this one.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We bought our presale tickets last night. We will see it in a 3-D theater the day after it comes out. The tickets are being sold as Reserved Seats at the theater we will see it at. Seeing it in 3-D we think will be fantastic. So glad we got the tickets!

I got the first three movies for Christmas last year and now I have all six. The first three movies are basically about how Anakin became Vader. What a "hot-shot" kid he was (Anakin) and just like Obi-One told Luke in the first movie (A New Hope), "Your father was one of the best fighter pilots in the fleet".

6. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't wait either! I'm assuming they've made great strides in the story line since the last (first) ones. I loved Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. Return of the Jedi left me cold, as did the rest of them. I'm hoping this one makes up for the bad ones. I'm taking my family to see it! :D

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

My wife hasn't seen the first three movies (Clone Wars) that we have. As for me, I like all six of the Star Wars movies, but I really like the last three when Vader goes up again Obi-One and later, Luke. And, how Luke tries to get his dad (Vader) to come over to the "good" side/Force". Anyone can see that Vader really has somewhat of a "soft spot" in him for his son, Luke, especially when Vader discusses Luke with the Emperor thru the hologram.

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Over at the Hi-Goodbye Coffee shop, we are planning a big Star Wars Day on December 18th! What a Friday it will be! ;)
    c6c579b9c8998919fe53cbadb074946f.jpg d6e4271cdfbd8b19a7fb8f517194ea3e.jpg images.png

Brittany Houser and Lara Moss like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ive only seen bits and pieces of the first one, not a fan! Except for the Cantina scene.

My knowledge of Star Wars comes from having 5 grandsons who love it and everything associated with it, especially the Lego sets.

Ive helped build quite a few of them, even the Death Star...that was HARD!

Im always told the names of the ships and the figures but I usually forget except for the more well known ones. :)

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I remember it too and it was playing at the Cinerama now closed and it had a Dolby system and very wide screen and it was great. My Mom, my friends and I went to see it 3x's too!!! It was a movie we fell in love with. The theme song was great too. It's excellent news you bring about the new Star Wars movie! Hoooooray!!! Something to look forward to this winter a new Star Wars movie! :)

11. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I look forward to the new Star Wars films as well. I saw all of the first six, although like many others the last three to me were the best. It's great to have the original cast back for this one. It's kind of funny when you think about it, the original movie came out decades ago and yet today's generation is just as much into Star Wars as my generation was. I guess it shows how this film franchise has resonated through the years.

12. Corie Henson

Registered

The promotion of this movie has started and people are now talking about it. In our brief vacation in the lake resort a few days ago, Star Wars was the topic not only once but twice. The children (all teenagers at least) seem so excited as to tell me they want to watch it with me.... so their snacks will be free courtesy of my credit card, hahahaaah. But surely, I also want to watch Star Wars which is slated to be shown in December (no exact date yet). If only for Luke who has grown old, I really want to feel the scene when he finally arrives back home.

PS. There is a local movie fest called Metro Manila Film Festival starting on December 25 so Star Wars would be shown on an earlier date.

13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw it on Christmas Day and I really enjoyed it although I'm not a Star Wars fan. You don't have to have watched any of the prior movies either to enjoy this one although I'm sure it helps.

The 2+ hrs went by very quickly! Harrison Ford did a great job and provided much of the humor along with Chewie.

A great movie for all ages and sexes. My daughter also liked it. I knew the grandsons would.

14. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I finally went to see it! It is fantastic! It is so much better than the 3 pre-quels. I'm planning to see it again. It's on par with Star Wars and Empire even though I have to account for the nostalgia factor. :D

15. Corie Henson

Registered

I'm sure you already know that Star Wars broke the box office record and now with a gross of over a billion dollars. Sadly, I still have to watch it because it was shown in the period before Christmas, that's the busiest time for us. Now we are still reeling from the holiday activities like removing the decorations and cleaning the house again. So maybe if the movie is still showing by next week then I would have the opportunity to see it in the theater.