New Pc

Discussion in 'Evolution of Language' started by Bobby Cole, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Okay Guys........ I have the answer to this imponderable question about whether doing housework and yard work counts as exercise !
    I have a Fitbug Orb, which is a fitness tracker.
    It silently and relentlessly counts every step that i take, automatically turning it into "bona fide exercise" . Aside from counting steps, the app also has an area for other activities, and you can log in A-Z of other stuff, from aerobics to zumba.
    It has a place for gardening, raking leaves, fishing, swimming, and even washing dishes.
    They all count as exercise once you have the fitness tracker !!
    Now you can do all of your daily chores and still be PC about getting in that exercise that your doctor is concerned about.
    All of this political correctness can be yours for only $18 on Amazon.......

2. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, if your lawn is big enough, you may change your mind about a riding lawn mower. When we have 98 percent humidity and the temp is 95 degrees, pushing a lawn mower seems more like torture than exercise. No thanks, I would rather purchase a gym membership any day than go through that torture again. When you have big lawn with slopes and uneven areas, a riding mower is the only way to go.

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

That could be, @Ken Anderson. I haven't visited a doctor that frequently over the past several years. The last time I saw my Neurologist was last year, and that was the day that one of his patients threw a hissy fit because he was turned down for drugs, and he threatened violence. Honestly, I was surprised no one called the police. If I'd had a cell phone, I would have. I thought for sure someone was going to die that day. Although he left, I thought he might come back and shoot the place up. I am not really in a rush to return, because I saw the doctor right after that, and he was in a foul mood, and quite rude.

At the ER a few weeks ago, they totally disregarded what i told them, and pooh poohed my condition because I have chronic issues, which is all they treated me for. I don't have much faith in the medical profession right now, although my mom and a few friends out of state seem to have good doctors and at least adequate care.