New Medical Symptoms Checker App (that Really Works)

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Diane Lane, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:This is great to know about the new app from the doctor from Houston made for people. DocResponse will save lives as it already has. I sometimes think I know what's right to do then when I go to the doctor she prescribes a medication that works really fast! Having this sort of app will save us a lot of suffering. Thanks for letting me know of it!

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

It sure is a great help especially for those in the rural areas where doctors and hospitals are rare. However, doctors advise doctors against self-diagnosis - that means doctors should consult another doctor to determine what's bugging him because self-diagnosis is not recommended. With that app, it seems like we are doing a self-diagnosis. So I don't go for it when used as the final decision for determining a sickness.

On the other hand, I find it useful for a preliminary diagnosis. Like for example if the suspicion is a stroke, that app can probably strengthen the argument that the patient should be rushed to the hospital for a thorough examination by a doctor.

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

You're welcome, @Krissttina Isobe, I know I've been in the position in the past where I wasn't sure if something was serious or not, and these days, many people can't afford unnecessary medical bills. I have a lot of medical conditions, and sometimes when one or more symptoms arise, I can look online and find that it's yet another symptom of something I already have, so there's no need to see a doctor or go to the hospital.

@Corie Henson Yes, he didn't create it to be an ultimate diagnosis, but as a way to help someone decide whether his/her symptoms were serious enough to warrant treatment. Apparently there are a lot of bogus symptom checkers out there that people were relying on, and that bothered him enough to create his own. It's great to hear about a doctor going beyond the norm these days, especially to create something that can have a broad impact.

Corie Henson likes this.