New Guy On The Forum. Voting

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ed Marsh, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Trump is so busy fighting the attacks aimed at him, he hasn't really had an opportunity to present an agenda other than the economy of which he is very strong in. But, everytime another supposition is forwarded, Pelosi, et al come up with another conspiracy with which to conjure up more hatred for the man. The media loves this of course for they despised Trump even before he even seriously thought of running for president. Perhaps he's sick and tired of it all and won't bother to just pay lip service to us since one never really hears of GOP supporters en masse coming forth for him. If he loses in Nov., we will either sink or swim. I am inclined to think we will sink and that's all she wrote for the good old U.S. of A.

2. Lois Winters

Registered

Could you be more specific in informing of us of his mistreatment of people of all races and nationalities. How do you qualify as to what one's ability to be a leader?

3. Lois Winters

Registered

Wow, I do believe the usual nonsense spoke by an obviously vile, mean and profoundly ignorant man. Good day to you, Ed. Figures, you were a teacher.

4. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

"Biden would be better because he is not Donald Trump." Precisely.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  5. Dwight Ward

Registered

I kick myself for voting for Donald Trump but I had my reasons. I did not know much about Donald Trump, who I found,not a sinister character, but a boring one.I was really voting strongly AGAINST Hillary Clinton, whom, along with her husband, I believe to be among the most corrupt people to ever hold power. Much to my dismay, I now see Trump as belonging to that same class of very corrupt people.
    My other choices were a) vote for my Green Party candidate or b) not vote at all, both of which seemed like throwing away my vote. I will not make this same mistake in the future but will support my really preferred candidates, even if they are unlikely to garner more than 4% of the national vote.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So, allow me to fine line what you are writing.
    You voted for D. Trump because he wasn’t Hillary and are now ready to vote for whomever else, even Biden, because he isn’t (ref. your quote) D. Trump.
    Note: I used to be astounded by that type of reasoning but after a number of years of reading and listening to that kind of logic I have somehow become accustomed to it.

Now, just for kicks, what “corruption” are you referring to in regard to D. Trump?

7. Dwight Ward

Registered

I don't know why you should be astounded that I changed my mind from being Trump-neutral to being anti-Trump. It's simply experiencing what the man is and does as president that brought that about.
    His corruption is evidenced by his decades-old collusion with the New York Mafia during all the years of his real estate dealings. Are you denying that?

8. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Dwight, The only thing that most folks on this board care about is that rump does not support abortion and is packing the courts with like minded people.
    Any thing else this abomination does counts for naught! This country can disintegrate as long as the anti abortion fight continues.

9. Dwight Ward

Registered

From Newsweek:
    "Some of Cohn's Mafia clients controlled New York's construction unions, whose blessings Trump needed to complete his projects. So he "hired mobbed-up firms to erect Trump Tower and his Trump Plaza apartment building in Manhattan, including buying ostensibly overpriced concrete from a company controlled by Mafia chieftains Anthony 'Fat Tony' Salerno and Paul Castellano," Pulitzer Prize winner David Cay Johnston wrote in Politico in 2016. Village Voice investigative reporter Wayne Barrett, who chronicled Trump's deals in books and articles through the years, wrote that Trump probably met Fat Tony through Cohn. "This came at a time when other developers in New York were pleading with the FBI to free them of mob control of the concrete business," Johnston wrote."
    The Cohn they are talking about is Roy Cohn, a truly despicable character who was a close associate of Trump's for years.

10. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Newsweek is a librul rag. FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS

Lois Winters likes this.
  11. Dwight Ward

Registered

This man Roy Cohn was a pistol. He wasn't a homosexual who just wanted to live with, love, or marry someone of his own sex. He remained unattached but just liked to be screwed in the ass by multiple young men at a time and he indulged this throughout his life. Sick guy. Trump's friend.

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Ya see again Pete, thou doest prevaricate once anew.
    Making a general statement in a debate will always get you into trouble because they wind up being a lie a very large percentage of the time.
    Abortion is NOT the only nor main issue and as a matter of fact, (since I am included in “folks”) abortion is about a 5 on a scale of 1-10 with me.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Beth Gallagher and Lois Winters like this.
  13. Lois Winters

Registered

I doubt than anyone cares with whom Trump was acquainted through the years. You comment is so noxious and obscene and very unnecessary.

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Uh, I really hate to write this but I used to be heavily involved with the Marcelo family and later obtained 2 post grad degrees in Biblical studies so take that for whatever it’s worth.

Now, let me ask this. Did you spend your stimulus check or send it back because you knew that the President worked with some folks of dubious report well into his past?
    And, did you refuse the last three raises in your social security because you felt that it would be wrong to take money approved by an administration that is soooooooo corrupt?

Al Amoling likes this.
  15. Dwight Ward

Registered

Wow, so much hostility in the last two comments, my major crime being that I don't like Trump? I grant Lois's opinion that my comment was obscene. I regret the language I used, but unlike some of you, I do believe it is of prime importance who Trump's friends were in the past.