New Food Labeling Requirement

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Frank Sanoica, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Note the added requirement for "Sugars added":

[​IMG]

I welcome this requirement, as the reconciliation between carbs, sugars, net carbs, is mystifying to me. My wife understands it all; I have not yet begun to try to. She constantly remarks about "net carbs", is ferociously sticking to the virtually no carbs program, is losing little weight, but believes her loss is acceptable, and aims at lowering her blood sugar.

When I bake up some Czech Kolacky, having jam toppings, she steadfastly refuses even the tiniest taste, either of the dough, or the topping!

Nary a loaf of bread in the house now for 6 months! Next week, she leaves for Indiana to be with her Mom over Mothers Day. Wonder if I'll break down and buy a loaf of some nice, dark, Pumpernickel??
    Frank

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Well, when Hostess went bankrupt around 5 years ago, I managed to snag one loaf of Beefsteak- it's still in the freezer, collecting ice on the inside of the wrapper. :p:p:p

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Janice Martin
    Guess I don't understand, Jan. Beefsteak? I thought they made Twinkies, one of my favorites!

You are pulling my leg, right??/
    Frank

4. No, I'm serious- the Hostess company owned many other popular companies, and one made Beefsteak pumpernickel and rye breads.