New Facebook Group For Real Conservatives.

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, May 21, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Michael Snyder , who is a well-known Christian writer and speaker about End Times, through his FB page, has started a new political group on Facebook. It is called "No more fake conservatives".
    Here is the opening definition of the group:
    "For decades, politicians have been using labels such as "conservative", "Pro-Life" and "Republican" to get votes and win elections. But when most of them get to Washington, they end up governing like Democrats. We are fed up with fake conservatives and we aren't going to put up with it anymore."

I know that some of us here have voiced those same thoughts, and wanted to share the information about the group for those who are interested . I have added some of my FB friends already; but there is always the option to leave the group if it turns out not to be what we are expecting it to be.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/129404257615210/

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I stay out of politics on Facebook, especially since I have a few democrats and liberals in my own family.

I probably don't fit the description of a real conservative anyway. :)

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  3. Yvonne Smith

This is actually a facebook group, and not something that is on your facebook feed. I unsubscribe from all notifications for all of the groups that I belong to, so they do not just post on my FB page. When I want to see what is on there, I just go to the group and read the new posts, similar to how the facebook page works; but only group members can post in the group.
    Since this is a public group, I think that you can click the link that I added and read what is posted, even without joining, and then join the group should you decide you also want to post there, sort of like how this forum works.
    Even though you consider yourself a moderate, you do not fit as a liberal, and I think that you will find this group is maybe close to your own beliefs politically, @Chrissy Cross . At any rate, you can check it out and see.
    The group just started, so there is not a lot to read just yet, in any case.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, I'm not a liberal either. I'll check it out after I get back from my daughter's ...got too much going on before I go. So it's private?

5. Yvonne Smith

My best answer for that is , yes and no. It is private in that people who are your FB friends will not see what you post on the group. However, it is a public group (as opposed to a private group), so anyone who looks at this group specifically can read what is posted on the group.
    It is similar to how this forum works.
    Anyone can come and read our posts here; but you have to join to be able to post.
    However, anything that is posted in the FB group will not come across onto your FB page unless you put that in your notification settings.
    If someone is looking at your FB page, and reads the "about" part, they can see which groups you belong to; but they can only read the public ones and not any private ones.
    So, if someone searched to see which groups you belong to, and then looked at this group, they would be able to read it, because right now, it is a public group.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Okay, I understand. Just don't want things popping up in my feed or timeline. For one thing my daughter is a conservative and so is my son and their spouses but they're dentists and rely on the general public (conservatives and liberals and everything in between) for their income and usually people don't even notice these things but with Trump, it's ugly..so it's best not to say you support him if you want that Trump hater as a patient.:)

I'm sure nobody that she works on looks at my feed but I'm just careful about it....otherwise I wouldn't care.