New Company Vows Big Prescription Drug Discounts

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lara Moss, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Edit: Also, check out Ken Anderson's Post #3 regarding another discount plan! It may be much better than "Blink Health" if you qualifyand if they carry your particular medication (check list and call them).

"Blink Health"
    was on the NBC News last night. They are a young company whose mission is to make prescription drugs affordable for everyone. They deal mostly in generic drugs. Their discounts can be as high as 95%….though unlikely (in my opinion). Here is the link to their website. Just type the name of the medicine you are taking in the search box they provide and it will instantly give you their price. Let us know if it's saving you.

Blink Health's website: https://www.blinkhealth.com
    (type in medication for instant price…did you save?)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow. I saved! Thanks Lara.

Lara Moss likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Until I got an even better deal from a federally funded clinic here in town, I was using Rx Outreach, a non-profit online pharmacy whose prices were far cheaper than either of the two pharmacies in Millinocket, Rite-Aid and Hannaford. I don’t know if they offer a better deal than Blink Health or not, but might be useful for the sake of comparison.

Lara Moss likes this.
  4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken, I just talked to RX Outreach because I couldn't believe their prices. Wow, their prices appear to be more than half of what Blink charges…..but then I only checked one medication and not the whole list so the savings may vary for everyone. Thanks Ken!!

You can enroll on the phone and then have your doctor directly fax your prescription to them.

5. Ken Anderson

I used them for a few years so I know that they do deliver. My doctor recommended them.

6. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Good to hear. I added a red letter alert to the top of the Opening Post regarding the RX Outreach.

7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, This seems like a one of those things that it is hard to believe. Rx Outreach doesn't even carry my two most expensive prescriptions. But Blinkhealth did, and I would save $265.00 on those two perscriptions alone. With all my perscriptions the cost would be about $100.00, (and that include my nasal and lung inhalers), per month instead of the $400.00 I put out now.

I could do a little more traveling, and maybe meet a few more of you, like I did with Yvonne last spring. I wonder if this could work for me?

Thanks for the link @Lara Moss , I'll be checking with my doctor when I go in for my monthly appointment to see if he would write me perscriptions for the online service.

8. Ken Anderson

As I suspected, it wouldn't be an either-or but that both would be worth looking into, depending on the medications needed.

9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow Lara, I checked one prescription and it was half of what I pay at walgreens and I even have their prescription savings card.

Lara Moss likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Same here, Ina. My most expensive med RX outreach doesn't carry but blink does for half price.

My other prescriptions aren't that expensive generic so I wouldn't bother but then my problem is being home when they are delivered.

Edit: nevermind, I can pick them up at Walgreens. Is this for real? Why would walgreens do that, they make lots of money off me every month since I don't have ins.

Lara Moss likes this.
  11. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree! It's amazing. If you don't find your particular medication on RX Outreach's list then call them and ask them about it. They provide the number for you to call. If they still don't have it then try Blink Health.

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Blink health had it...I'm so excited I could pee my pants, lol.

Lara Moss likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thank you Lara and Ken for the best info a senior can get...cheaper meds! :)

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Outreach delivers the meds, right? With Blink I can pick them up at walgreens, right?

This is a very important factor for me because of my travel.

15. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

After your doctor faxes the prescription to RX Outreach then they will mail them to you. RX Outreach will ask for your address when you enroll by phone or online. They are endorsed by the BBB and are located in the U.S.

I don't know about Blink….check out their website and if it's not there then call their customer service number. Blink was on the National News just last night so their lines may be swamped.

Edit: BlinkHealth.org website states that almost all local pharmacies accept Blink including: Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Rite Aid, Safeway Kroger, Target, and more.

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.