Neighbors

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Joe Smith, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I live in a town of about 2,000 and we have at least six apartment complexes, most of them for people 55 years old and up. It seems a lot of people who are from here like to retire here but without the bother of maintaining a home, so they sell their home and move a few blocks away to an apartment, where their neighbors are likely to be people they grew up with.

Jim Brown and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

All of my neighbors are old. 70+ to 99. Some with canes, some with walkers, some in wheel chairs, some free walkers. All friendly and pleasant, many with hearing problems.

Joe Smith likes this.
  3. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

I have great neighbors with 1 dud and another very nosey one here. We are a group of friends that watch out for each other and call 2 times a day to check on everyone no answer you get a visit, many of us also have keys to other's homes for safety, anyone need anything just ask we will help you. Not much escapes Ms. Evans eyes and ears we know who visits who and all the good stuff going on, I love all of that.

4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I have one neighbor left like that. We never go anywhere without notifying the other with a time frame and have keys to each other's places. She is great but no one can replace Zek, plus I could always repay him with my spousal style nagging! :D

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

I am going to add something interesting here my nosey neighbor I have known a long time and she just comes over when she wants to and comes in and says I am here! Several times she got a surprise but all good and fine here, I have done the same to her. Best of friends really.