Need Help Ken

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Louise Williams, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

Shirley Martin said she cannot get into this site ,,can you help her. ? she said if you do not have her email then I will pm it to you.. I copied what she just emailed me.. I hope you can help her..

Louise, I still can't get that site to open. It shows:

This site can’t be reached

www.seniorsonly.club’s server DNS address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Will you go to the help thread and tell Ken That I can't get it to open? He should have my email address but if he doesn't, give it to him in a PM. Also post it in the Game CHAT thread?
    You don't suppose I've been banned? I can't imagine why, though.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL...poor Shirley she's not been banned..:D..many of us have been getting the DNS message in recent weeks...it should clear itself for her if she keeps trying..might take an hour or 2 tho'...

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Both Bobby amd I had trouble with that yesterday, too, and had to sign in several times, even though we hadn't signed out. In fact, Bobby was trying to post when he got the message, and it took us both several tries; but finally worked again.
    If she has an iPad, have Shirley make sure she did the last update. I don't know if that could affect it or not; but it is worth trying , in any case.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't do the last update on my iPad, Yvonne. Didn't have any of those messages yesterday either, just slow and buttons kind of gray.

5. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

There can be all sorts of reasons for certain sites not loading, I find sometimes if I reboot the WiFi router that will sort it out. I haven't had any problems recently, but last week it was playing up a bit.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I couldn't begin to try to figure it out, as a problem logging in could come from several sources, the most likely being DNS attacks, either directly on the forum site or against the company hosting the forum. That's happened quite a bit lately. Of course, it could also be a glitch anywhere along the Internet. There is nothing awry about her account.

I go from one site to another all day, every day, as a part of my job, and I often have trouble accessing sites from time to time, even my employer's site. When I have trouble accessing the same site repeatedly, and the site is otherwise working, it often helps to clear my browser cache, since a browser will sometimes cache a past poor connection.

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I finally managed to get the site to open late last night. These are the things I tried:

I cleared my cache. That didn't work.

I unplugged my modem for thirty minutes then plugged it back in. That didn't work.

I tried using my Kindle. That didn't work.

I tried using Internet Explorer. That didn't work.

I did a System Restore back to March 27. That didn't work.

I deleted the bookmark then did a Google Search for "Senior chat rooms". Boy, was that an eye opening experience!:eek: After I got my mouth back shut, I put in, "Seniors only." SoC came up in that search. I clicked on that and it opened. I still have no idea what happened but I'm happy to be back. :D

8. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Ha ha, I guess I'm missing something good by not searching for senior chat rooms! Welcome back, Shirley, good to see you, glad you were able to find your way back. I had the grayed/whited out buttons issue the other day, but other than that, I haven't had an issue lately with being able to access the forum. I hope your being back means the issue is resolved, and everyone will be able to visit the site.

9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Is anybody missing for the last few days? They may be having the same problem that I was.

For future reference, if anyone has that message, delete your bookmark and do a Google search for "Seniors only,"

10. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Veteran Member
    Registered

Shirley, I have been having that problem off and on for a couple of weeks. I can always get on by opening the site with a proxy. It's very simple to do. Just go here: http://www.proxy4free.com/list/webproxy1.html pick a proxy, the in the URL space type or paste in Seniorsonlyclub.com. The site will magically open.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Whited out buttons is simply an Internet overload issue, I think. I get that sometimes on Facebook, where none of the graphical buttons will show. Clearing my caches usually helps, or perhaps it's just the time that it takes to clear my cache.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  12. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

Shirley, im so happy you got back in,.. HMMMnnn Senior Chat Rooms Eh??? LOL Will have to check that one out. lol NOT!!!
    There are some really scary forums on the net.. have to be very careful these days.....!!