Near Death Experiences

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Babs Hunt, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I have always been interested in those who claim to have gone through a Near Death Experience and visited Heaven.

Not to long ago I ordered the book Imagine Heaven by John Burke. This book is about NDE's and has sold over half a million copies (probably more by now).

What I like about this book is that for those who need scientific proof that these NDE's are real, the reader will find plenty of that kind of proof too.

This is the best book so far that I have read on this subject and the very real existence of Heaven and God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, etc.

Have you ever had a Near Death Experience...or know of someone who has?

Do you have any interest in learning more about whether there is life after death and where that life will be spent...and with who it will be spent?

If you are a skeptic who needs proof ... then this book in my opinion will give you that and more.

Joan Kuper, Maryt Hope and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I read a lot about NDE after my husband died but I wasn't swayed, so my answer is no I don't believe.

Just as many of has have similar themes in our dreams, maybe near death our brains go into a light at the end of the tunnel or heaven mode.

After the heart stops the brain still functions for a couple minutes.

Von Jones and May Benot like this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I definitely believe
    So many surgeons believe also now
    Patients that can relay 'everything' that went on whilst staff were trying to resuscitate, amazed doctors
    so much so, they did their own experiments, by placing various objects up high, invisible to the naked eye

sure enough, patients were able to identify objects only visible from 'above'

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

But near death isn't really death. The brain still functions for a bit after the person flat lines. Just read something recently on that.

Von Jones likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We had a pastor who related to us all one Sunday about what must have been either an NDE or an out of body experience. From the way he described it, I really think that it was probably a near death or even coming back from actual clinical death.
    Pastor David had been having serious heart problems, so an NDE is definitely possible.
    He said that he remembered waking up during the night and looking down on himself and his wife sleeping in their bed. I can’t remember if he actually saw Jesus/God or just spoke; but he didn’t want to leave his wife and family, even to go to heaven, and he drifted around for a while and then went back into his body.
    He said that when he re-entered his body, it felt ice-cold, and his wife woke up because he was shivering and shaking so hard, and his body was very cold.
    This is what makes me think that it was an NDE and not an OBE, because his body was already getting cold before he came back into it.

My mother had something that was probably not an NDE, but it was definitely not normal.
    She was down in the basement to put more fuel in the furnace (it was an old sawdust-burning furnace and they shoveled in a bin full of sawdust every few hours to keep it running).
    The basement floor was concrete (cement ?) and it went down about a foot from where she was standing to the bottom of the furnace, and my mom said that she suddenly lost her balance and fell over the edge.
    From that kind of fall, she would probably have landed head-first on the concrete floor; but she said that she saw and felt angels take ahold of her and gently put her down on the floor, and she was not even bruised.
    She was in her late 70’s or even 80 when this happened and a fall like that could very well have killed her, so to me, the whole thing was very similar to a near death experience.

6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Agree Yvonne about your Mother, it just wasn't her time
    Have heard similar stories
    Chrissy - from the experiences I've heard about, we leave our bodies behind for sure
    This can also happen, OBE - at will, whilst still alive I knew someone who could do this :)

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's fine @Patsy Faye and I'm not saying these people didn't believe that's what they had....I just don't.

My husband saw a lot of things when he was in the hospital on high doses of antibiotics....I was there in the room and didn't see them...he was hallucinating.

The brain is quite amazing and we don't know all about it's functions.

I don't want to argue about this and I should never have even replied...sorry I did, :(

Von Jones, May Benot and Patsy Faye like this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

No problem at all Chrissy, we are discussing the subject is all
    I believe - but wouldn't force the idea on anyone else :)

Von Jones and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

John Burke did his research in Imagine Heaven. His book shows how the common experiences shared by thousands of near death survivors...including Doctors,College Professors, Bank Presidents, people of all ages and cultures, and even blind people point to the reality of Heaven.

Everyone has their own opinion on Near Death Experiences and while I certainly respect everyone's opinion's...I also feel that Science knows a lot more now than they did years ago and many people in the Scientific community are now believing in life after death and the reality of Heaven because of their research into NDE's.

One person claimed to have traveled outside of the hospital in her NDE and she observed a tennis shoe on the third story window ledge of the hospital. She described the tennis shoe as a man's, left footed, and dark blue with a wear mark over the little toe and a shoe lace tucked under the heel. There was a search and just where and just like she said...was that tennis shoe exactly as she described it.

Thousands who experienced NDE and went to Heaven have to many common factors about Heaven that they all experienced to just throw this knowledge away as nonsense.

The Bible says God made man in His image...and I see no reason why He would not make the earth He created for man in the image of His dwelling place Heaven. And I believe that's exactly what God did. Although just like our heavenly bodies will be perfect...Heaven is too.

This is a wonderful book that can bring hope to many people that there is far more life waiting for us beyond our earthly death.

10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I was going to die 12-12-17...if I could not get my breath...I had over 4.5 cups of fluid on my lungs... My BP very high.. knew I would die if something did not happen quick.I did not see Jesus,or a light etc. it was not that kind of ND type thing.If I had acutally been in the last few moments of my life...then perhaps the other things would have occurred.
    However when mind and body have ceased to perform...your dead...well done ...not coming back dead. The spirit of a person...the auora...from a deceased person may very well feel alive to you because you knew and loved them. I time that usualy passes and that is when we move on with our lives and the living.

Maryt Hope and Chrissy Cross like this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I apologize for being so negative in this post...I'm just angry about what happened in Florida I think.

Maryt Hope and Patsy Faye like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

There is one story I read a few years ago that made me think....it was about a blind person from birth who described the operating room as if he could really see it after he came back from flatlining.

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Babs Hunt - will see if I can get the book on Amazon :)

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

There were two books with the same title - is this it Babs ?
    [​IMG]

Chrissy Cross and Babs Hunt like this.