Neanderthals And Humans Were Hooking Up Way More Than Anyone Thought

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Jack Knight, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Jack Knight

Jack Knight Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

A snippet of the article
    Way more sex happened between Neanderthals and the ancestors of modern humans across Europe and Asia than scientists originally thought, a new study finds.
    Scientists initially thought that interbreeding among the two groups was more isolated to a particular place and time — specifically, when they encountered each other in western Eurasia shortly after modern humans left Africa. This idea stemmed from the fact that the genomes of modern humans from outside Africa are only about 2 percent Neanderthal, on average.
    Subsequent research, however, has found that Neanderthal ancestry is 12 to 20 percent higher in modern East Asians compared to modern Europeans. [In Images: The First Bone from a Neanderthal-Denisovan Hybrid]

https://www.livescience.com/64189-neanderthals-and-humans-interbreeding.html
    Charles Q. Choi Live Science Contributor,LiveScience.com

I wasn't thinking about Neanderthals and Humans hooking up, the science article caught my attention since it is about evolution.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

This goes along with the "Rape and Pillage Theory" that I mentioned in another thread.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

That probably explains some of my in-laws. :D

Ken Anderson likes this.