Naked And Afraid

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sandy Wood, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Sandy Wood

Sandy Wood Veteran Member
    Registered

I just discovered this tv show by Discover, and although, I have only watch a few online it seems the show is really dumb in putting people's lives at risk. The show drops two people usually a man and a woman out on a island or up in the wilds of Canada, or overseas to spend 21 days trying to survive. At times there seems to be a camera crew on hand but they are not allowed to help unless someone is dying.
    They are allowed to bring one item to help in survival and some bring useful things and others bring something totally useless. The best I have seen are fire starters or a bush knife, rope, or a machete.

So there they are out in the wilderness with no clothes and must find a way to build a shelter and find food, stay warm and battle insects and in some cases poisonous snakes and avoid bears. The two people either get along or fight constantly. Some are very good at survival and others like how did you get picked?? Totally useless.

Has anyone watched this show and what are your thoughts and opinions on it? Looking forward to reading your comments. I know one thing for sure I would never agree to this assignment would you?

2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I've seen a few minutes of it while flipping through channels. I'm just not interested in it.

3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Nudity sells.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It came on while I was in the hospital, where they have regular TV, but I didn't watch it.

5. Sandy Wood

Sandy Wood Veteran Member
    Registered

I have watched a few short clips on youtube, and of course everything is blurred out thank goodness, but I was wondering what you thought about the idea of the show, not so much if you watched it. Sat Night Live, did a funny spoof of a show and it was funny and depicted all the problems a man and woman might have if stuck in this show together.
    My thoughts about the idea of making such a gross and dangerous show is what our world is coming too that producers feel the need to go way out in order to entertain the masses. People who sign up to do these show must be crazy because the ricks of death and dangers of illness or getting hurt are on a much higher scale then the usual survival shows. I guess one woman after being bitten by insects came down with a rare disease and is now crippled and in a wheelchair.

Have we as a society fallen that far down or is it just pushing the limits for the sake of stupid entertainment??