N I H Allows Research Doctors To Start Creating Chimeras Now

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Yvonne Smith, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is another one of those cross-over news stories that could fit either here in scientific research, in news or health, and (truthfully) almost belongs in the conspiracy and paranormal thread, or at least it seems like it should.
    The National Institute of Health and the federal government are working together to take away the moratoriam on creating creatures that are part human and part animals, which are called "chimeras".
    This has not been allowed before due to the possibility of creating creatures with human qualities, and still being considered an animal.
    Or maybe animals who are considered as humans.
    Now, they said that the research scientists will be able to not only start doing this kind of research, but it is going to be federally funded research.
    (We are cuttiing down on programs for the veterans and the elderly because we can't afford that; but we can afford research on making monsters ? Okay, we won't even go there, but STILL .....)

Supposedly, these creatures will be developed for medical uses, like animals with human organs that can be used for transplants, and things like that, which at least sounds halfway acceptable.
    But, when the federal government is involved eavily in any kind of research, it usually seems to make its way into some kind of use for warfare, or something along that line.
    Gorilla soldiers, anyone ?
    ( Maybe the word guerilla warfare will take on a whole new meaning soon. )

So, we already have almost dissolved the lines between what is male and what is female in the human race, and now we are going to blur the lines even further, by mixing up humans and animals , too.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...arch-funds-for-part-human-part-animal-embryos

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is the first time I've heard of that term chimeras which is like an android, huh. A creature part human and part animal? I've read an article about cloning human organs. It is a process to create an organ from a cell taken from that person. For example, the kidney, it can be created from the cell that will grow in the laboratory to be a kidney for a future transplant to the person who donated the cell. Yes, the main purpose of that cloning is to produce organs that can provide replacement for the ailing organs of humans.

That's the progress of medical science. Converting a female into a male and vice versa is now a reality.

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw this story somewhere yesterday, along with a weird looking picture. I don't have a problem with generating body parts/organs from cells, because so many lives could be saved. I'd much prefer that to thinking that poor people are dying because they are so desperate for money that they will sell a kidney ,or that tourists or others are being abducted and having their organs harvested. However, I do have a problem with playing god and working to create new species. I agree, the governments need to focus on taking care of those in need and leave the science fiction to authors/screenwriters.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I had mot heard of this. Could a creatute part human and part animal actually live? I don't think so.

5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The medical system is now trying to be like the chemical companies Monsanto who brought you GMOs { God Move Over} and after experimenting on humans like the Tuskegee Study. They think they are ready to play God.

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Satan may have another plan, but I think the idea is to come up with a steady supply of body parts so that the elite can live forever. It's sort of the modern version of building a tower to reach into heaven, when you think of it.

7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I think that many scientist will and have gone way past our what any of us can imagine. These ideas have been around for a very long time. They are even in our history and myths. But as the old saying goes, at least for any of us, it will be, "A day late, and a dollar short." Thank The Creator.