My Wonderful Trip To Idaho

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Yvonne Smith, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Most of you know that I went to Idaho for a week with my daughter, Robin. My grandson graduated on Saturday, and we all attended the graduation ceremony.
    My son and DIL had a houseful of people , all relatives; so Robin and I got to visit with family that I have not seen for several years. My older grandson is a pilot, and they rented a small plane and he took people out in the plane and see the countryside near there. I didn't go; but Robin went. She loves flying !
    We also got to visit with some good friends that I grew up with , and that was wonderful also. My friend Norma gave me a beautiful hand-painted vase that had been painted by a friend we used to go horseback riding with .
    I knew I couldn't put it in my luggage without it getting smashed; so I packed it full of paper to help stabilize it, and carried it home in my backpack.
    Here is a picture of the vase, after I got it home and added some flowers.
    IMG_0594.JPG

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

It's beautiful Yvonne. Painting on glass is hard.

I'm so glad you got to go to your grandson's graduation, and to be able to reconnect to old friends and family must have been exciting. :)

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm so happy that you got to go and spend some fun time in Idaho...I know your last trip was not fun but worrisome.

Beautiful vase, smart thinking not packing in your luggage! I doubt I'll ever go back to my hometown of Pittsburgh since I have no family there anymore but I do have 2 friends I at least connect with on Facebook.

Glad you had fun but glad to see you back! :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

I am so jealous.....I have never seen such a pretty vase. A truly unique, one of a kind piece to treasure.

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Thank you, @Missy Lee !
    I was admiring another one that my friend Norma had on her table (which was painted by the same lady) and she brought this one out and gave it to me. She said her family didn't like it (who knows why ?) but she was sure that I would like it, and I do.
    The lady who painted it is a former neighbor of Norma's and is someone that belonged to the Horseman's Association way back when Norma and i were teenagers; so that makes this vase even more special to me. We all rode together on the trail rides and in parades.
    I have it near my recliner; so each time I look at it, it will remind me of Norma. I think that Gloria bought the ceramic vase, and then painted the roses on it; but she might have also made the vase.
    I have always admired that style of painting, and maybe one of these days I will try learning it.

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm glad you enjoyed your time with family and friend @Yvonne Smith and along with everyone else I think that vase is very nice too. :) I hope you have lots of memories stored in your heart from this trip that you will cherish always.

I bet @Bobby Cole and the "furbabies" were very glad to have you home too. :)

Bobby Cole and Ina I. Wonder like this.