My Wife's Sojourn

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Frank Sanoica, May 4, 2017.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Heading for Indiana to be with her Mom, 91, for Mothers Day. Flight out of Vegas at 7:00AM this morning, it's 140 miles to the airport. To cover possible enroute delays, we prepared to leave the house at 2AM. I tried to sleep at 9PM, not an overnight person, I knew it would be rough. Slept a couple hours, my wife didn't sleep at all, she drove from home to Railroad Pass, the outskirts of Vegas, I had dozed a bit, but took over. Roads unusually quiet, airport too! Got there with 3 hours to spare, 2 required, I hung around awhile, then headed back home. When I got home, an email awaited me:

"A quick note to tell you I had trouble getting through security! They were very interested in my homemade granola & it took 3 tsa agents & 20 minutes to figure out it was OK. THEN they came to my food scale! It was swabbed on all surfaces, I'm sure they were looking for traces of drugs! Only thing they'll find on there is chicken sludge! Finally got trough & to the gate in plenty of time. They are just getting ready to board, think I'm in the 3rd or 4th group, so still have some time. I looked at IN radar, really bad, heavy rain & it doesn't seem to be moving. Hope Betsy doesn't have any trouble! Call you when we get to Mom's, remember the 3 hour time dif. D"

What guy could possibly fault having a little wife like her? FWIW, today, May 4, is our wedding anniversary, 38th.. .. night of the 4th., 1979, we awoke that morning, having spent it camped along Lake Mead, outside of Vegas, to be married that afternoon. My high school buddy, Charlie, flew in that morning, to be Best Man. So long ago, and seems like yesterday.
    Frank

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

You're going to miss her! Happy Anniversary also.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Happy 'belated' anniversary to you and your good wife :)

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Out of curiosity, why didn't you go with her? Neither of us ever take a trip without the other. It's just the way our marriage is. Like I said, just wondering why you didn't go.

Anyway, Happy Anniversary!

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Patsy Faye
    Thank you kindly!

Patsy Faye likes this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Registered

Our marriage is similar; our monetary constraints may not be, however. $$$ mostly.
    Frank

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, there's that "money" word again dealing with those retirement years. "Money" speaks while everything else walks.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Happy Belated Anniversary @Frank Sanocia to you and your lovely wife. She is blessed to be with her Mother on Mother's Day and some of that blessing is due to your willingness to help her make this happen. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.