My Wife Had A Heart Attack

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Sheldon Scott, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife had a heart attack
    Thursday, March 7, my wife got up with the classic symptoms of a heart attack, pain and pressure in her chest, severe pain in her right arm and jaw. I gave her nitro and aspirin and called an ambulance.

They took her to the local hospital in Clarksville and then she was sent by ambulance to Mercy hospital in Fort Smith. After several hours in the emergency room she was admitted yo the hospital and went to a room.

I was sitting beside her when about 1:30 am she was feeling better because of the drugs they had given her and fussing to go home. I was telling her it was the middle of the night and she would have to wait until her cardiologist, Doctor Mehl came to see her in the morning.

Suddenly she had another attack and just dropped dead. I mean I was looking at her dead body. Before I could even holler for help alarms started going off and two nurses rushed in followed by half a dozen more. More people rushed in and I saw them put a board under her and this big man jumped on the bed and started CPR.

Several people grabbed me by the arm and pulled me from the room. They brought her back to life. She didn't know she had been dead, of course, so when she came to she thought she was being attacked. She was trying to fight them off, bit one of the nurses, and was screaming for me to git my gun because these people are trying to murder me.

She's home now, still sore but alive. Seeing her die right before my eyes really scared the hell out of me. I don't want to ever see that again.

I'm so thankful to the hospital crew who knew what to do and did it. They are my heroes.

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

OMG ...bless you both! What a frightful time that was for you both. I just happen to be up Early this morning when I saw this. Scary stuff to see this time of day.
    Keep us posted @Sheldon Scott on both of you.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh my God, I am sorry about what happened to your wife, Sheldon but, of course, thankful that she recovered. People often live long, productive lives after a heart attack, and even after being resuscitated, and I pray that will be the case with your wife.

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Sheldon - I was so shocked to read this and so sorry to hear of the trauma you have both gone through
    Wishing your wife to heal quickly and sincere good wishes to yourself

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

dear God... what a dreadful experience Sheldon, horrific!!, Thank God your wife made it, but Oh the nightmare of it all for you both!! You're right about the hospital crew without their fast action she wouldn't be here now...

What did she say when she eventually came home and after you told her what happened? I hope she recovers completely, best to you both...

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I was so shocked and saddened to hear about you Wife, Shell! Hope She and you both recover from that experience and move on, together. Praying for you both!

7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

That's quite a scare; so glad she's okay now, Sheldon.

Bobby Cole and Shirley Martin like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That must have been a horrible experience for both of you, and I can imagine that she would think that she was being attacked, waking up to people punting on her and trying to restart her heart.
    She was probably fuzzy from medication anyway, and it would easy to think that an attack of some sort was happening to her.
    I am amazed that she is already back home so soon after having had that serious of heart attacks ! If they sent her home already, then that must be a good sign that the doctors think that she is doing okay.
    Wasn’t she in the hospital with a heart attack or maybe a stroke a year or so ago ? I can’t remember the details now, but seem to remember you telling us that something had happened and she was in the hospital.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

What a terrible experience for both of you. I hope she is doing well; that must have been terrifying.

Bobby Cole and Shirley Martin like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I was going to ask if she had a history of cardiac issues, since you had nitro on hand. @Yvonne Smith's comment leads one to believe she did. Thoughts and prayers for you and her, @Sheldon Scott!

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Sheldon, I sort of know how you felt. I went through the same thing with my DH once. It sends a white hot streak through you. Like you said, in less time than it takes me to type this, his room was full of nurses and doctors.

I am so glad she was in the hospital when the attack happened. I'm sending wishes that she will recover completely and live many more years.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

What a fright you must have had Sheldon. So thankful this fright had a happy ending for you and your wife.

13. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Sheldon Scott and Bobby Cole like this.
  14. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Sheldon Scott and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m a little late on the uptake here Sheldon but do know that our thoughts and prayers do go out for you wife in hopes of a very speedy recovery.
    She’s home and with you which is a major step and I am very sure, a healing one.

Don Alaska and Sheldon Scott like this.