My Trip Out To Washington State

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Yvonne Smith, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Thanks to @Bobby Cole and @Ina I. Wonder for helping to keep everyone updated. Yesterday was a hard day, and none of us got much sleep the night before the surgery; so a good night's sleep last night helped a whole bunch.
    Today, I was extrememly happy to see my son being awake and even sitting up in his chair. This afternoon they moved Mike out of the ICU and into a regular room . He has even walked a little bit and is working on eating some chicken soup as I type this.
    Tonight they will try to get him walking a little further. Right now, there is an external pacmaker, which is apparently only temporary until the heart is stronger , and will come off before he goes home. At least that was my understanding of how it works.

There is a storm moving in tonight and tomorrow, might be snow, and supposed to have bad winds. The weather news this morning showed bad flooding all along the west coast, at least from Washington and Oregon, and people are being evacuated from the flooding in Portland, Oregon.
    We are on a hill here, so flooding is not an issue; but the winds might be.

Even though it has been a very exhausting trip, I am doing much better now, and I am so very glad that Robin brought us out here to be with Michael for the operation.

Hugs to all, and I will try for a better update tomorrow . (After reading Bobby's rendition of the trip, I thought it was best if I could interject just a little bit of truth into the story)

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like Michael is doing really well and so quickly! Good sign when they move you out of ICU.

Hope all the bad weather leaves the area before you have to fly back!

Get some rest and do some swimming if you can. :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith , I'm with Crissy, see if you can get in a bit of swimming, and stretch those muscles, sooth those kinks, and enjoy some peace.

I'm glad you will be able to keep all of us updated now. Everyone was worried, and with your permission I tried to ease everyone's mind, but as you know I don't feel right talking of other people's affairs.

It is not mine to tell. So I'll now leave it to you, but please keepus all up dated.

(((HUGS)))

4. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I agree with this advice Yvonne, I hope Michael continues to make good progress. :)

5. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like good news Yvonne! (((( smiling at you! ))))

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  6. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

That was really funny!

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We are almost back home again. It has been long days and both Robin and I are looking forward to being back home again tonight.
    My son Michael is still in the hospital; but he is improving each day, and should be able to go home again before long.
    It will take at least three months for the heart to heal, according to what the doctor said; but he should start feeling much better as it heals and the heart is able to pump properly again.

Tomorrow will probably just be a day of recuperation for both Robin and I . We were up late last night with the last visit with the family, and then up again at 4 this morning to get ready and go to the airport.

Sitting in the Atlanta airport waiting for the plane that will take us back to Huntsville in about an hour. Because we change time zones as we travel, we actually arrive in Huntsville the same time we left Atlanta.

Should be back in my regular schedule again by next week.
    Thank you again for all of the concern and prayers for both Michael and myself during this worrisome time.

8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Great news, Yvonne. Funny too that I just looked on my app to see where you were. Going East is always harder with the 2 hour time difference. Good thing you can sleep in. Have Bobby bring you breakfast in bed. :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Safe Journey Yvonne...and just get as much R&R as you can when you get home... :)