My Trip Out To Washington State

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Yvonne Smith, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I just talked to Yvonne's husband, Bobby, and he said their Michael came through the surgery, and all are still waiting on the doctors for a consultation. So I'll leave the rest for Yvonne to tell us, it will help her to release some of the tension. I find myself blessing our Creator, and he already has the most.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, Ina...good news! Yvonne must be drained.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks Ina....we'll wait now and hear from Yvonne...what a worry for her and the family!

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Okay, my wife told me I needed to come on board and let ya'll know how everything is. There's a long story and a short story.
    The long story is filled with fits of drama, intrigue and interludes of intense stuggles bearing upon the impossible while maintaining a wise and proper posture throughout. Yes, it is a story about man's fight to understand the philosophical differences between manifest destiny and chance.
    The questions...oh, so many questions! Are the doctors skilled beyond mankinds understanding of God guided hands? Does the patient have the fortitude to go through what some would define as a defiance toward that which he cannot see nor control? Questions! Questions!

Naw, I like the short version better. Mike is resting after the surgery but the nurse told everyone to go home because they juiced him pretty good. Other than that he is doing well.

Yvonne is back at the hotel washing her jammies so she can get some real sleep tonight.

Tune in tomorrow, almost the same time, the same place for our next episode of.........."My Trip to Washington."
    She was too tired to type and wash jammies at the same time but she will be letting everyone in on everything tomorrow. BTW..........Thanks everyone! God Bless ya'll...............Bobby

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith, I'm sorry, I am not aware of your son's operation. All along, I thought it was a pleasure trip. But anyway, I'm glad to read that your son is recovering beautifully according to Mr. @Bobby Cole who, I believe, is a frustrated radio announcer, hahahaaah. Our prayers for your son, for his complete recovery.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks for the update, Bobby! I'm so glad it's over and Michael made it through the surgery. I'm sure there are a few rough days ahead but the worst is over...for everybody! What a difference a day makes.

I hope you are being a good husband and keeping the place tidy, so Yvonne doesn't come home to a mess. :)

7. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

I spoke to Yvonne this morning, 7:00 am. Washington time. She was trying to eat a little breakfast before they left to go back to the hospital. They need to wake Michael so they can take the tubing out, so he can breath on his own. They have him on extra pain meds because of his spinal damage, and the pain of having to lay flat for so many hours. Yvonne said it was a balancing maneuver at this point.

When she can see him breathing and talking, I'm sure that Yvonne will be posting again for herself. image.jpeg

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks, Ina! It sometimes takes a little while after surgery to take out the breathing tube, etc...hoping it's soon though but it's a slow process after a major operation. At least they are keeping him comfortable and pain free.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  9. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

I just recieved a message from Yvonne, and Michael is up and sitting in a large recliner. I saw a picture of him, and I'm amazed at how well he looks. Yvonne will be thanking all of you soon, but I'll do the same right now. There really is power in numbers.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That is wonderful news! Thanks, Ina. Being a mother myself I can imagine how relieved and happy Yvonne must be right now.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

No Chrissy, I decided to have a knock down, drag out party the day she left for Washington. The dishes are stacked to the ceiling, and the laundry basket is overflowing and Lord knows that if it wasn't for the 3 full garbage cans in the kitchen it would probably be all over the floor along with all of the flour that got spilled when I fried up a bunch of catfish. I was going to go out to the shop and find a hammer and chisel to get the char off of the pot I burned. It's my wife's favorite pot but we do have a couple more which have less char on them so maybe if I hide her favorite under the house she won't miss it.
    The dogs had a couple of accidents when I forgot to let them out, but I figure if I let everything dry it can be swept up later on along with whatever else wound up on the floor after the toilet overflowed.

When I got up this morning I discovered that left over fried catfish do not go well in an aquarium. Beats me why all of the neons are belly up though. They've been like that for a couple of days now. I wonder if that's where that extra smell is coming from?

Yes Chrissy, I just can't wait to get the little woman home from Washington. Lot's to do here and let's face it, a little work therapy will do her good.

After Note: Just playing with you Chrissy,.....With the exception of "I just can't wait to get the ittle woman home," all the above is totally false, and we don't own an aquarium.
    I'm x-military, a retired Chef and a preacher to boot. Can't be much cleaner than that and as a matter of fact I'm a little more obsessive about cleaning than Yvonne is but in truth we do share the duties around the house.

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol, Bobby! Might not be true but made good reading! :)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Chrissy if you ever get the chance to read some of Bobby writings do so. His writings let you see a very well educated man, and when he wants he can be hillarious, but I like it when he get serious too.

Bobby Cole and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Thank you Ina, but you are way too kind!
    My writing is nothing more than some compulsive ramblings of an elderly man who doesn't mind freely allowing others into his world. My wife knows that there are no rent signs attached to my little universe because, simply put, anyone who wishes to wander in may do so but at their own risk for my own type of insanity might be contageous.

Thank you again Ina. Now, where are those nice men in the white coats who were going to give me a nice new jacket?

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Nothing wrong with a little crazy, Bobby! :)

All kidding aside, I like humorous writing and you do it well.

Terry Page and Ina I. Wonder like this.