My Trip Out To Washington State

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Yvonne Smith, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am writing this from LAX. Just to let you all know, we are NOT supposed to even be close to here.
    The trip itinerary said we flew from Huntsville to Detroit, then to Seattle, and from Seattle to Spokane, arriving at about 430 Pacific time.
    We were delayed in Huntsville, there was icy fog in Detroit, and they said the plane could not land. By the time we did geet to Detroit, the connection plane to Seattle was pulling out to the runway.
    They re-routed us down here to Los Angeles, but we had a 3 hour wait in Detroit.
    Since we had bee running, trying to catch the connection, I was ready to relax for a while, plus we had time for a hamburger there.

Now, we are bout to board for the last part of the trip, from LAX to Spokane, and should be at our hotel by around 10ish (which will seem like midnight to us).
    But we have been enjoying the trip, and I will check in again in the morning.
    (waving at everyone)

2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

What a tortuous trip Yvonne, Chrissy has kept us updated on your delays, hope the rest of your journey went well and the hotel is good. :)

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Morning Yvonne... I hope you've arrived at your hotel by the time you read this ...and enjoy a well deserved rest :D

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

We are indeed in Spokane, and slept like the proverbial log last night. It was almost 9 when I woke up, which would be like 11 back home; so you know I was exhausted from all of the airport running, and long plane trips.
    I am doing much better today, and both of the boys will be arrivng later this morning or early afternoon.

It is cold and rainy here; but no snow, and I am happy about that. We got here too late (and too tired ) to try the pool and hot tub last night; but the sign said it was open 24 hours, and I am for sure going to do that tonight before going to bed.
    We were disappointed not to get to fly to Seattle. I lived in that area for many years, and Robin and I both love it there, and were looking forward to seeing Mt. Rainier, and Mt. St. Helens from the air as we flew into Sea-Tac.

@Chrissy Page and @Ina I. Wonder both have me on the find friends app; so both of them should know where I am all all week. Of course, @Bobby Cole does too, and I will be writing as I have time to let everyone know how things are going.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Get some rest, enjoy your sons company and the pool and hot tub later. Tomorrow will be a long day for you!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Sacheen BrightEagle

Sacheen BrightEagle Veteran Member
    Registered

Glad you arrived safely. Rest up, and enjoy yourself!

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree that it's an ordeal of a trip to be redirected. I still have to experience a transfer but I could see those passengers in the airport staying for more than 10 hours sometimes in waiting for their transfer trip. That's the advantage of a direct flight, just one takeoff and one landing otherwise it would make me dizzy with fatigue and all that queasy feeling in the plane.

However, @Yvonne Smith, it looks like you are having a good time despite the transfer and the redirected flight. I wish you can post some pictures next time.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Yvonne, Hopefully by now you are a bit rested, Have a good dinner the you three children, I know how much of a treat it is for each of you. An early Christmas present for all of you.

As your son has his surgery, Know that you're in my heart, and we will all be sending up prayers for his speedy recovery? Hold on my lady, I know how strong you can be.

9. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Wishing you and yours all the best on your son's surgery.

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  10. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope all goes well today with your son's surgery Yvonne, you are all in my thoughts.

11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sending you love and positive vibes, Yvonne! A difficult day for you, praying for a successful outcome! Hugs

12. Yvonne Smith

Mike has gone in for the surgery; so now it is just the long wait for the doctors to finish and Mike to wake back up. The surgery is supposed to take about 4 hours, but they will let his wife know how he is doing several times as the surgery progresses.
    I think that none of us got much sleep last night, and we seem like a pretty quiet bunch this morning. I had some early morning coffee at the hotel; but I am still tired.
    @Corie Henson , I really haven't been anywhere to take pictures of , just in airports and now the hospital. If I do find something to take a picture of, then I will for sure post it.

Thank you again to Everyone for the prayers and well-wishes ! !

13. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

My prayers to you all throughout the surgery Yvonne!

14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Adding my prayers for successful surgery and quick recovery.

15. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Sending you prayers/positive thoughts.