My Sweet Fur Babies

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Maggie Mae, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

We have 2 puppies.

They are Shi Chi which is a cross between a Shih Tzu and a Chihuahua.

The brown one is 18 months old and weighs 7 lbs.

The the black & white is 1 year old and weighs 14 lbs.

the wrecking crew.jpg

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

There are big ships and small ships
    but the best ships are Friendships.

I like your signature.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Maggie Mae

Registered

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They are both so totally adorable, @Maggie Mae ! The little tan/brown one reminds me a whole lot of how my beloved (and gone) little Yorkie-poo, Chipper, used to look when he was a puppy.
    It makes me want to just pick him right up out of your picture and hug the little fellow. (Girl ? )

Holly Saunders and Maggie Mae like this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

So cute... I love those tiny little furkids

I don't have any dogs of my own now, but I do have many grandfurkids... we lost one at the beginning of last month..heartbreaking, we loved him so much... but I love those dogs with all my heart, and they love me back, they just get hysterical with excitement when they see me ...

We have 2 labradoodles, a chihuahua , an old doberman , and a very old staffie...

Photos of them have been put on this forum many times... :D

Maggie Mae and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Maggie Mae ...we have a chiweenie...doxie and chichuua cross ..very good dog. Yours are adorable!

Holly Saunders and Maggie Mae like this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

They can put their picture beside the word cuteness in the dictionary.:D

Maggie Mae and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Jo Jujo

Jo Jujo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Cuties

Maggie Mae likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

This is my first holiday season without my Chipper, and I was missing him so much when I cooked the turkey yesterday. We always had little treats of the fresh turkey when it was cooked, and I really missed having Chipper there to share my turkey snacks.
    Sometimes, I really want to have another little dog SO bad; but then I know that I should not do that, and tell myself to stop thinking about getting a dog.
    No other dog in the whole world can ever replace Chipper, and it is just best for me not to even think about it. But still, I am sad when I think about the holidays and he is not here anymore.

Maggie Mae and Holly Saunders like this.
  10. Maggie Mae

Registered

I completely understand how you are feeling Yvonne.

In a 3 year time span we lost 2 dogs that we had raised from puppies.

One lived to be 15 and the other lived to be 17.

When the last one passed and went over the Rainbow bridge my heart was so broken. I said the same thing as you ... no other dog could replace Zippy or Taffy.

As time went on I realized what a huge void there was in our lives and also came to realize that while it is true that you can't replace, you can enhance.

I began to consider adding to our little family and after a few months of just looking, I came upon Izzy and she won me over immediately.

She was such a wonderful creature and seemed to know why she was sent to us.

We decided to get her a playmate and went back to the breeder and chose Tucker.

They are both from the same mother but have different (although same breed) fathers.

We are still sad at times over the loss of our other 2 precious fur babies, but these 2 have brought us so much joy you can't even describe it.

We all handle the loss in different ways. Some go on without another fur baby, others jump in and get a new one right away, while others wait a while.

You will know what is best for you .. most importantly always remember the wonderful times you had with Chipper and realize that you and Chipper were put together for a reason.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Yvonne :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Because I am almost 74 and have heart failure issues, I am afraid that if I get a puppy, it would outlive me. I worried about that with Chipper as well, and knew he would be devastated if I died and wasn’t there with him.
    I wanted to get an adult small dog, but Bobby is against that, so it is just better if I don’t. We still have Bobby’s dog, Rusty, and little Tootsie, so it is not like we don’t have any dog; but it is not the same as when I had Chipper because he owned my whole heart, and was always right there beside me or on my lap , all of his life.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, @Maggie Mae , and thank you for caring and understanding how it is when our heart-pet is gone.
    Walmart makes mugs with pictures, so I ordered one of the stainless steel coffee tumblers and put Chipper’s picture on it, and we are going to pick it up today.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Since I posted on this forum in September our very elderly Staffie,... Minky has gone over rainbow bridge...

She died just a month after our Labradoodle... and on the day after Minky passed , my daughter had this double rainbow appear over her house... as though they were sending a sign that they were together....

rainbow.png

13. Maggie Mae

Registered

I'm so sorry Holly. It's hard when they are gone but knowing they are now together helps a little.

Very sweet that daughter felt that double rainbow was a message ... I would think the same thing.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  14. Maggie Mae

Registered

Yvonne .. I understand.

Thank you for mentioning the mug .. what a great idea! I need to check into that for my husband .. and me too !

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Thank you for the thanksgiving wishes, but we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in this country.:p..but I wish you a lovely one whichever way you're spending it Maggie... :D