My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I briefly considered renting a hospital bed, but I decided I wanted an adjustable bed of my own.

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So I ordered 4 of those Nightlight/Power Outage lights online at Walmart just a few hours ago. If the product is something they carry in the store, they delivery it to your home that evening from the store (even though I cannot order groceries to be delivered.)

This is what someone picked when I ordered Qty (4) of #29679:

IMG_20210415_190123906_MP.jpg

I'm not one for going off the deep end when life's imperfections are imperfect...but seriously???
    I hope this is laziness rather than someone proud of a job well done. Perhaps they thought I urgently needed (4) nightlights, and they made a decision.

I'll take the wrong one back next time I'm in the store. These deliveries do not come with paperwork, so it's gonna be a "conversation."

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  3. John Brunner

Well, Walmart and UPS say the grill grate I ordered was delivered today, but it's nowhere to be found.

I went on the UPS website and the details say it's 30.8 pounds. Uh, no it's not. It's a 13" grill grate.

I'll give it a day and report it to Walmart. The UPS Claims Form requires shipper P.O.C., phone number, etc. This was a 3rd Party direct-ship.

I've never had a lost shipment before...ever. If my neighbors got it, they would have called me.

4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

4DB480ED-313A-44FD-A506-6603BB508F5E.jpeg I ordered 4 pneumatic replacement wheels to put on my knee scooter due to being informed it could be up to 12 weeks before I’ll be able to put my full weight on my broken ankle .
    It’s been 4 weeks since I broke it .
    The scooter is great however it has hard solid plastic type wheels on it and it’s very hard to push on uneven surfaces like paved areas leading into shops/ Doctors ( i rarely go out due to my leg/ ankle but need to at times )
    So I’m hoping they will give a smoother ride
    This is the exact scooter
    3D1C2C59-FF8A-4C23-B418-04870A6CC56F.jpeg

The tyres I’ve ordered ...they are coming from China

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Today my new mattress and bedding are being delivered, but the automatic bed frame hasn't shipped yet. It's supposed to be a "white glove" delivery where they set it all up when they deliver the frame.

Also waiting on the Kitchenaid dishwasher to be installed; I see that Lowe's has charged me for it so I suppose they are waiting on the installer to pick it up.

6. John Brunner

I ordered a new pair of wood stove gloves:

[​IMG]

These things are great if you have a fireplace or a wood stove. This is my 3rd pair in 11 heating seasons...they get very heavy use.

You can place fresh wood in a burning fire exactly where you want it, and can even pick up and shift around burning logs...briefly. The downside is you only know they've worn out when you pick up a hot log and find that place in the thumb where the stitches have come loose. *OUCH!* Logs are rough on all gloves...they're heavy and abrasive.

I bought a different brand from Amazon this past winter when these were out of stock from Northline Express, so this pair is a backup for next year. I need to learn to alternate hands...only the left glove wears out. The right ones remain in pristine condition.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I ordered a new down comforter, some headboard brackets, and a spare remote for my (yet to be delivered) adjustable bed. I'm so anal about things; I imagined the single remote suddenly not working while I am stuck in "zero gravity mode" and decided to buy a backup. :rolleyes: This will guarantee that the first remote never has a problem in my lifetime. :D I've always been one to plan for every possible contingency. :confused:

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  10. John Brunner

Holy crap!!!

3 pounds is half a loaf????

Do you freeze it?

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Ken's next order will be the large econo-sized Miralax. :D:D

John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

[​IMG]

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

This is my second order. It is large, but I finished the first one in about a week. My wife was upset when I mentioned that I had ordered it and already eaten it because I hadn't offered her any, but the truth was that it hadn't occurred to me that Colby Cheese was anything that she'd be interested in. It's sort of a Wisconsin or Midwest thing and she was born in California and spent the larger part of her life in New Mexico.

John Brunner likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

One of the largest cheese factories is in Oregon, on the coast southwest of Portland, and I think that you have probably heard of Tillamook Cheese. People out west do eat cheese, @Ken Anderson , and I can totally see why Michelle would have been upset to find out that you had Colby cheese and ate it all.
    Better share this one with her ! !

I love Colby cheese, and pretty much any kind of cheese except the ones that smell really bad. We had a cheese factory in the little town of Sandpoint , and they sold not only the cheeses, but the little bags of ends and bits, which were much cheaper, and tasted just as good.
    When I was working in Oregon on the coast, I went to the Tillamook Cheese factory, and went through the tour and it was interesting to see all of the huge vats of cheese being processed.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  15. John Brunner

re: Bad smelling cheeses...

I do love blue cheese on a salad, or occasionally on a burger or steak (as it sounds like Bobby does.) It's gotta be fresh-cut off of a wedge, though...no crumbles for me (as I used to buy it.) It's so much moister and more flavorful that way.

I've commented that Kroeger purchased a New York cheese maker (Murray's) and sells their goodies at kiosks in the store. They bring cheese wheels into the stores to portion out right there, and usually have a basket with an assortment of end-cuts in it, just as your factory did. I've been sampling various cheeses I would never have bought a quantity of (probably as you did.) On my adult quest to try foods I've had a presumed dislike to, I keep threatening to get some Stilton or other smelly cheese. So far, it's only been a threat. But one of these days...

Yvonne Smith likes this.